Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hanks Turns 1

The last year has just flown by. It seems like yesterday, yet, I feel like he has been with us forever. There is something to be said about "Love at First Sight." I get immune to it, because I deliver babies all of the time. But there is something so special about the first moment you hold your new baby in your arms. You spend so much time wondering what they will look like, and who they will become. I am all emotional today, I think it is lack of sleep.
That Wed. I had seen the Dr and was only dilated to a 1 and was thick. I was so upset. That Thursday night I had my friends at work strip my membranes. On Friday they checked me and I was a 4. Okay I thought, anytime now. Saturday came and went, and by Sunday afternoon I was done. I was contracting off and on, and was just so uncomfortable. By the time Colby got home from church around 4 I was in tears. We waited around a while and decided to just go down (unofficially) and be checked. We needed someone for Hadlee, and Colby's parents didn't answer. So we called Cori, and by that time DeAnne had called back. We laugh, because within minutes everyone knew that I was going in, and we had like 4 phone calls. I was 4 to 4+ and contracting, but no changing. They were talking to Dr Thorpe, and they mentioned that I was there. He asked if I wanted to stay and I gave a big fat "Yes," and he said he would be in to break my water. I finally got admitted around 830. It was great, because everyone got there kids to bed and came in. Mom and Dad, Torie, Cregg and DeAnee, Cori, and Hayley. Aunt Jenicee was wonderful and stayed home with Hadlee, and Ellery was in St. George. Next time I want to have a baby, I am sending her there, because that's where she was when I had Hadlee too. We thought it would be neat to have him on the 14th, because it was also Grandma Betties birthday. I went complete around 1145. The same thing happened with Hadlee. They check me and I am not doing anything, then I start feeling nauseated, and sick, and I go complete fast. I had the most wonderful epidural from Dr. Lind. I could move my legs and feel everything but the pain. My nurses were Terah and Heidi. I started pushing around midnight and had to push for a little while because I was not contracting really regular. He was born at 0024. I wanted to write this down so that I will never forget it.



He really wasn't a baby for very long. He got so big, so fast. That first month of having a baby is so special. All of the cuddling and loving on them.


Anyway... I love him so much. I have loved being his mother this past year and cannot wait to meet the little man he is becoming.
Happy Birthday Hanks-y

11 comments:

Cori Simmons said...

I can't believe how much he looks the same, but he has also changed so much. It's crazy that it has been a year. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANKS

kelliemcc said...

Happy Birthday Hanks!! I still can't believe you had this chunker in your little belly. He is so cute, hope he has a fun party!

gillman said...

what a cutie!! i love hearing birth stories. hope he had a wonderful birthday!!
Meg :0)

Unknown said...

I can't believe it has been a year.
He is a cutie and I just love him so much.
Happy Birthday sweet hanksey boy...

Young Family said...

He is so cute!! The time is just going by too fast. Happy Birthday to Hanks!!

haley said...

wow! really? he's already a year??? crazy! happy bithday big boy!

smarts said...

Cute pics, TIME does FLY BY, Happy Birthday CUTE BOY!!!

Kelli Neilsen said...

Ok- so make me cry! I feel the same way a lot of days. Just cry it out! Happy Birthday to Hanks! You better post some cake pics!

Jossie said...

Happy Birthday Hanks! I can't believe how much hair he had so young!

Natilie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Hanks. He is such a handsome little guy.

Walker paradise said...

so cute, and wow you look good in the hospital! I looked like a wet cat or something