Today, before I got the kids in the tub, I decided to Trim Hanks's hair. He has been a pain the last few times I have taken him to have it cut, and I loved that it was getting longer again, and just wanted to trim it around the ears. Big Mistake. He sat really good for me, it's just that it is harder then it looks and I ended up having to buzz the whole thing. Colby is going to kill me. I was trying to save money, hahaha, he needs it cut so often, so I figured I was saving like $20 a month. NOT WORTH IT. He still looks cute, he just looks like he is joining the army. PLUS.... notice his big, black bruise on his forehead. He was with his dad all day on Wednesday and Colby claims he was just playing in Aunt Pam's tree house and came down with it, and that he never cried, so he has no clue how he did it. So now he looks like an abused cancer patient.

Speaking of saving money...... Last year, with the whole job change, we started looking at things we were wasting money on. We really do not watch that much TV, so we decided to cancel our satellite and that would save us like $65 a month. Big Mistake. We really do not watch that much TV. But when we do, we missed watching shows that we actually liked, and the whole DVR thing and having to watch commercials was killing us. Hadlee really missed the Disney channel, and would always ask to watch "Micky Mouse House," which translated means Micky Mouse Club House. So.....we finally broke down and got satellite back. Hadlee loves to watch cartoons in the morning while she eats her cereal, and totally went nuts when Colby turned on "Micky Mouse House."
Colby got done with finals this week. He is such a serious student now days, it really makes me laugh. He is in such advanced classes, with all these nerds, and usually gets the best scores on his tests. He was really stressed and was such a Bear, so we are glad that semester is over with.
Grandpa Jim passed away this week. Him and Grandma Bettie had been together for almost 20 years. Colby spoke at the funeral and did a great job as always. He makes me so mad. He is a natural public speaker. He hadn't even thought about what he was going to say until right before. He always goes away to think for a few minutes before he has to do something like this, and writes a few notes down, and does great. I would have to prepare for days. I wish I had that ability.
I really hate funerals, I hate everything about them, especially when they close the casket, it gives me the creeps. I guess they are always good reminders, I need to get my act together and do better at everything in my life, so I can be with my family forever. They help put things into perspective.
Also this week, Hanks learned to ride Hadlee's 4-wheeler. Hadlee got it for Christmas a few years ago, and is barely starting to really turn the wheels and ride on it right. The last few years she would push the gas button, then let off, and really couldn't steer it. So Hanks gets on it one day, and within minutes, it riding like a pro. He needs to work on steering, but totally loves it. I don't know if it's just the difference in boys and girls or what, but he is pretty dang cute. As soon as I told Colby how well he was doing and told him that there were going to be big fights over the thing, he gave me permission to go and buy Hanks one. I really think it's just because he does not want his son riding something PINK.

And of course, my son has to find the only wet, muddy spot in the whole yard and basically roll in it. This kid is killing me, he should just live in the tub. The pictures don't do it justice, just look at the bottom of his pants.






5 comments:
Boys are the best, aren't they? Hanks makes me smile. I think the haircut looks great, and only TRUE boys have bumps and bruises all over their body!! ;)
I love his haircut too! He looks darling - I am a fan of the buzz cuts though. I feel your pain about the haircuts...Isaac is so hard and I have paid a few times to just not have such a bad experience!
His hair looks darling. I thought you said it was really bad. He is cute no matter what.
I love the dirt all over his face. He is to cute.
His hair looks great! Now don't attempt to cut Hadlee's, speaking from experience, I'll trim the boys but it is worth every penny to have someone trim the girls.
We all make so many BIG MISTAKES raising children. I chalk one up each week - don't feel bad. He's a cutie patootie.
Post a Comment