Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Am Thankful

With Thanksgiving being this week, I have been thinking a lot about things. In church on Sunday, one of the talks talked about how we are thankful, but never tell people we are, or express our love to them. I am horrible about telling people thank you and really need to do better. At work the other night, I started making a list of things I am grateful for. I want to write them down, so I will always remember them, and can look back at what I am thankful for this year. This is totally just for me, so don't feel like you have to read through them.

-I am thankful that I am a mother. Nothing has brought me more joy than my kids.
-I am thankful that I am a wife. Not always a very good one, I don't think I will ever get organized, laundry done, and dinner on the table every night, but I am trying.
-I am thankful for the gospel.
-I am thankful we can be together forever.
-I am thankful for food. I love to eat.
-I am thankful for fall. I love the crisp feeling in the air.
-I am thankful for the Mountains.
-I am thankful for Hadlee telling me she loves me "Berry Much."
-I am thankful for work. That we both have good, stable jobs, and are able to provide for our family.
-I am thankful that my parents raised me the way they did.
-I am thankful for good friends.
-I am thankful for Torie. She is a wonderful sister and is always there to talk to and is always willing to help me out. We seriously talk everyday, and without her, I would probobly go crazy.
-I am thankful for my computer. I love the Internet.
-I am thankful for parents and in-laws who are always willing to help us with the kids.
-I have thankful for sunny days at Lake Powell.
-I am thankful for soft beds and big pillows.
-I am thankful for my hearing. I love hearing my kids play and laugh together.
-I am thankful that my parents pushed me to go to school and get an education.
-I am thankful for strawberries and other yummy fruit in the summer.
-I am thankful for crunchy, pretty colored leaves.
-I am thankful when I hear Colby come home and say, "Where's my kids!" and watching the kids run to the door, and get so excited.
-I am thankful for Large paychecks, Which don't come often enough.
-I am thankful that I have a fun loving husband, who is always wanting to go somewhere or do something fun.
-I am thankful for Music. Both of my kids love music and love to dance. It is quiet a sight to see Colby,the kids and I all dancing around to High School Musical.
-I am thankful for times when Hadlee wants to cuddle.
-I am thankful for Turkey Dinner.
-I am thankful for the beach in Mexico.
-I am thankful that Hadlee thinks she is a princess.
-I am thankful for Hanks, climbing up my legs to be held. Yes, he is a pain, but I love it.
-I am thankful for mint truffles, and other good chocolate.
-I am thankful for good restaurants. I love to eat.
-I am thankful for my House. Even though I complain about it alot. It really is great, I just can't wait for a new one someday.
-I am thankful Colby is such a great dad.
-I am thankful Hadlee says her prayers and blesses Hanks each night.
-I am thankful for Clothes, especially Shoes. LOVE THEM.
-I am thankful for Hairspray. Yes mom, I still love it, and use way too much.
-I am thankful that I have had 2 healthy pregnancies. Every time I am at work, I realize how lucky I am.
-I am thankful that Colby is such a hard worker.
-I am thankful for Diet Coke.
-I am thankful for my kids smiles.
-I am thankful for Grandma Glenda and how she always makes me laugh.
-I am thankful for good health.
-I am thankful for vacations.
-I am thankful for babies. I love to smell them and squeeze there little bums.
-I am thankful for Grandpa Harley and Grandma Mary. They always make me smile and tell the best stories. They teach us the best life lessons.
-I am thankful for my brothers. They are the first to tease me and the first to always help me out.
-I am thankful for the CD player in my car.
-I am thankful for Mail. I love to go to the mailbox and get things.
-I am thankful for fun Disney movies.
-I am thankful for Hanks, smiling with his eyes.
-I am thankful for fun sister-in-laws.
-I am thankful for clean, right out of the tub kids, all lotioned up and in clean clothes.
-I am thankful that we live in a free country.
-I am thankful for the plan of salvation
-I am thankful for Kneaders fresh strawberry pies. This summer, I would stop and pick one up and eat the whole thing, in one setting. Then I wonder why I have a weight problem.
-I am thankful for good baby wipes. I hate the cheap thin ones.
-I am thankful for trips to Disneyland. I love that place.
-I am thankful for Pres. Monson. I loved his last conference talk on enjoying the moment.
-I am thankful for dinner at my moms. She is a great cook and is always trying to feed us.
-I am thankful for Date nights.
-I am thankful for a freshly mowed lawn, especially when I am not the one who mowed it.
-I am thankful for cute books to read to my kids.
-I am thankful for fountain drinks and Slurpee's. Hadlee is a spoiled brat. I can't even get gas without her wanting her Slurpee.
-I am thankful for both 0f our families. And that we all live so close.
-I am thankful for all of my cousins.
-I am thankful for the phone. Hanks loves to pretend to talk on the phone with anything he is holding. I think it it because he is always watching me.
-I am thankful that my parents made me take piano lessons.

Okay, that is probobly enough for now. I know some of them sound dumb, but oh well, they are the things that I like.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Great list, I'll just ditto it and replace my kids names in their! I am thankful for friends who plan fun parties and invite me to the movies! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jessie said...

This is an awesome list Heather. I love it. You have made me stop and think about what I am grateful for. Thanks!!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

That was such a good idea. I loved reading it.
Happy Thanksgiving. I love you and I am very grateful for you and all you do for me.

gillman said...

Wow! that was a great list. we all should do this!!
Meg :0)

Cori Simmons said...

Those are all great things!