Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I cant believe it is already the 3rd of December. Only three weeks until Christmas.
We had another wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Colby had to work, both Wednesday and Thursday night, so we only got to spend a little time with him. He woke up, ate with us, played for a minute, then back to bed. Good thing I have such a wonderful family to goof around with.
We had Thanksgiving with my family this year. Before dinner I tried to take a picture of Hadlee. As we all know, she hates pictures, but I will continue to try.





We then went and saw the movie BOLT. Grandma and Grandpa stayed home with Hanks and Cass, so we could all enjoy the movie.
A picture of my siblings. Notice how me and Torie are holding them down for the picture.
Later that night, Torie had the brilliant idea of going out shopping. So I put the kids to bed at my moms, so my dad could watch them, and my Mom, Torie and I headed out shopping. All I am going to say is that people are totally crazy. We didn't end up really shopping, just driving around laughing at all of the people. It was a riot. We did end up shopping at Walmart, and I must say, shopping there at midnight is much more pleasant.
Saturday, I finally got my Christmas up. I was kind of rebelling the whole thing. First of all, "Come On," you really need to get through Thanksgiving first. It is an important holiday too. I do understand that it is a lot of work, for a only a few weeks, but......... And Second, I have a little boy, who is into everything. We only put up half of our stuff this year, and so far, he has been doing okay. I am just waiting to find the tree tipped over on him.
That night, Colby was again working, so Torie talked me into going to the mall and just walking around. The mall was really busy. I love to people watch. We went and saw Santa. Hadlee walked right up to him and showed him a picture she had colored. She then sat on his lap. He asked her if she had been a good girl, and she said "YES." He then asked her what she wanted for Christmas. She said something, some kind of gibberish, in her own little language. Santa was then totally rude. He said, "Don't turn your head when you are talking to Santa, All I heard was mumbling." I proceeded to tell him that she didn't talk very good, then backhanded him. Okay so I really didn't , but come on Santa, I know you have had a long day, but be nice. I know I am a little defensive, and it really is kind of funny. It didn't phase Hadlee. She got her sucker, said thanks, and ran to show Hanks.


The holidays are so fun. So busy, but fun. Our month is packed with fun activities. We can't wait.









2 comments:
Okay the first pictures of Hadlee made me laugh. I thought you were just taking some pictures of her pretty hair. Then I realized she wouldn't look at you...That is funny stuff.
It was such a fun weekend. And Hadlee was so cute on Santas lap.
whats with the santa???? that is so rude. ok, every time i see pix. of you sister, i think it is you. you guys could be twins, which i am sure you have heard all your life. but really, you could.
Meg :0)
Post a Comment