Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SICK KIDS

As I have stated before, I hate when my kids are sick, I would so much rather be the one, better yet, make Colby be the one that's sick. Ha,ha,ha. I think my kids had a touch of the flu at the beginning of the week. I was up all Sunday night with Hadlee, she had a temp., wanted to be held, was lethargic, and just did not feel good. Since that night, she has been fine. Hanks also had a little bit of something, and threw up twice. Be careful what you say to people. Just last week, I was telling Ellery how lucky I have been, not to have sick kids. Both kids hardly ever spit up as babies, and Hadlee had only thrown up once in her life.


Hanks was scheduled to have tubes placed in his ears on Tuesday. I kept thinking, "No big deal, they are very common." They called me the day before and said no eating or drinking after midnight. Okay, so they need to tell my large, hungry, 14 month old, who doesn't understand and just thinks I am being mean, that.... It is kind of my own fault. he sleeps with his bottle, and he sometimes wakes up in the night and wants another. So he woke up around 3 and wanted his bottle, I tried to rock him back to sleep, but no go. So I thought I would let him cry for a minute. A minute became 1 1/2 hrs of screaming. It was awful.
When I was getting him up and ready, he kept saying, "Ma, ma, Ba,ba.....ba,ba. It was the saddest thing. He also wanted his morning Banana. He was ornery, but manageable while we waited. The whole thing only takes a short amount of time. Next thing I hear, is some poor kid, screaming at the top of his lungs. They bring him toward me, "Crap, that's my kid!!" I have never heard him sound like that. He cried for about 15 minutes, but it seemed like an hour when I was trying to consul him. Then I just got him dressed and was on my way.

I took a few pictures with my camera phone, to send to Colby at work.



So, It wasn't that bad of experience, but I really don't want to do it again. I think it was more traumatic for me, then him.

My sweet Grandma tended Hadlee for me. She was so cute, and was totally ready to do things with Hadlee. She had found an old purse of hers, and put stuff in it, that she knew Hadlee would like, Old combs and brushes, lotions, perfumes, pencils and paper, and even old sunglasses. How fun for Hadlee to be able to play with her Great Grandma for a few hours. Not many people are ever able to do that.

I'm pretty sure this is my last entry for the year. I have been blogging for over a year now, and love looking back and remembering things that I probably would have already forgot about. Hopefully I will be able to print all of my entries from 2008 into a book.
This past year has been wonderful, exciting, scary, and very interesting. I think I have learned a lot about myself, and the things that are important to me. I love my cute little family more and more each day, and cant wait to see what the next year brings.

6 comments:

Natilie said...

Poor little Hanks. I hope he feels better now!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

My poor little guy. I need to see him.
That made me so sad that he was so hungry and he didn't understand.

Oh and I am so pround that you have blogged over a year. Now we need to make our books.

Young Family said...

I am so sorry that it was a tough go. It is so hard when they don't understand too. I hope he is doing better. Hope all is well. We really have to get together--I miss you!!

kelliemcc said...

He is the cutest little patient ever! Hope it all went well, call me in the new year, we'll play or eat or both!

Walker paradise said...

I'm glad it all went well it seems, sorry they are now battling viruses or whatever! hope everyone feels better

Cori Simmons said...

I'm glad it went well, I was thinking about him that morning. Brighter days ahead without ear infections, YEAH!