Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines

Okay, so today is Valentines. Not much fun for Colby and I, He is working all weekend. But he has promised he will take me out on Monday. So, I was sitting home, looking at blogs, and saw Jamie's, where she posted pictures from the past. So here is a few that made me smile.











We have been so many places, and done so many fun things. We really do have a great life, and I am very grateful for my sweetheart and our two beautiful kids. I would tell him how much I love him, but he never reads this and the two times he has, has made fun of it.

Today, we got up and took Valentines around to Hadlee's cousins. It was snowing outside. She loved ringing the doorbells and seeing all of them.



We then went to my mom and dad's. I remember back when I was little. My mom would always have us a special valentine. (usually something and a book) She would always ring the doorbell and run. We always knew it was her, but she thought it was so fun, so we played along. She always though she was being so tricky. She did it to each of us, up until we got married. Who knows, maybe Chance is still getting presents. My grandparents would also give gifts. For years, Grandma Glenda would go to B&D and get us all tee-shirts. Everybody remembers the boys getting the red ones with numbers on them, I think they all got them a few years in a row, then of course, they would get hand-me-downs. So those shirts were around for years. ANYWAY,,, my mom is always giving special gifts to the kids for each holiday. Valentines, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, etc.... She really needs to quit, because it is getting really expensive, and if she keeps it up, she will have to do it forever.



They both had a great day.

This is them watching one of the new movies they got from Colby and I, while I play on the computer.


Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day!


PS.....Every year Colby's mom and dad have an adult dinner. We had it on Thursday night, we get to enjoy each others company, eat a yummy dinner they prepare, and read our families year end review. It was fun as always, and we realize we need to do more fun things without the kids.


5 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Look at your cute trip down memory lane! What have you done to Colby to age him so much? Don't tell him I said that, but really girl, you are giving him gray hair!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Cute pictures of you and Colby. I love looking back at pictures.

Oh and Hadlee made my whole day yesterday. She was so cute how excited she got. Melts your heart.

Happy Valentines... Love you guys....

Cori Simmons said...

Thanks so much for the Valentines -sorry we missed ya, I was at work. The pics of you and Colby are geat. Who's Dog? JK

Anonymous said...

I'm glad SOMEBODY else did this besides myself. I was totally laughing about what you said about Colby making fun of your blog. LUke is the same way. He gets mad when I put "lovey-dovey" stuff up about him. I think I mostly do it to irritate him. Hee hee. Loved your guys' pictures. You're a very cute couple- and make VERY cute children.

Walker paradise said...

love the pictures looks like you had a fun day