Friday, February 6, 2009

Facebook Tags

I have been getting tagged a bunch on face book. I really love face book, but I love the journal part of my blog. So I am going to do them here, so I can have record of them.

First Born Tag
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No, Not really. Colby and I had been ready at different times. The week before I found out, we had talked about waiting 6 months. OOPPS.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Oh, no, he is going to kill me. We had just talked about waiting. I was also scared and nervous.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? We had spend the weekend hunting at the cabin with Colby's parents. Colby's mom had gotten bucked off her horse and was hurt, so I drove her car home from the cabin. I had been feeling a little sick, but on the way home, I had to pull over to throw up. I worked a night shift that night, and was really sick. I had confided in one of the aides there, and around 4 am she ran over to Ride Aide and bought me a pregnancy test so no one would know. I peed on all three sticks, because I didn't believe it. I was so nervous and excited. I was trembling. And yes, Misty, the aide knew, We both started crying.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well, Misty knew, but that was all for about a week. I was wanting to make sure. Colby was going on a hunting trip with his dad, and, the baby's exact due date was on his 30th Birthday. I got a birthday card talking about things that change when you become 30, and spilled my guts in it. I came home from a night shift and left it in the bathroom, so he would see it before he left. He read it, then came in and woke me up. He was very excited.
8. DUE DATE? June 10th, 2005, Colby's 30th Birthday.
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not too bad. I mostly dry heaved. Not a whole lot of vomiting.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing in particular. I just loved food that much more. And I totally played it up. Colby bought me anything I wanted.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Nothing really. I did hate getting so big, but I loved having something grow inside me, and feeling her kick.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
13. DID YOU FIND OUT THE SEX OF YOUR FIRST CHILD? Yes, I got an early ultrasound a few days before Christmas, and only Torie knew the results. We watched the video on Christmas morning, and opened up a girl present Torie had bought.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I knew Colby really wanted a boy, but after she was born, being a girl didn't matter. He was so wrapped around her little finger.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 35
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, One with my family, then with Colby's family, One with my friends, and one with the girls from work. I was very spoiled.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew, they were planned showers.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No, It went perfect.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Utah Valley
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? My water broke, around 830am. We went in and got started on pitocin. It went by really fast, but I guess I was there for about 7-8 hours. I was checked and was still only 2 cm. 30 min later I was complete. The babies heart rate wasn't the best, so they Dr used forceps. AND.... Out she came, with little work on my part.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Colby. I wasn't sure if it was my water, so I made him drive my Jeep, hoping that with the ruff ride, it would start to flow.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Colby, My Mom, and DeAnne. My mom took pictures and DeAnne ran the video camera. It was perfect. Both of our dad's were waiting outside the door.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, That is why I was born in this day and age. Epidural all the way.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6 lbs, 14oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? June 5th 2005, at 410pm.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Hadlee Jo Jacobson
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 1/2. It seems like only yesterday that she was born. We love her so much, and can't imagine our lives without her.

25 Random Things

25 Random things about me that you probably don't want to know.
1-I HATE doing laundry, and I am really bad at it.
2-I love the High School Musical Movies, and can't wait till the 3rd comes out on video this month.
3-This is bad, but I love it when Colby is at work, and I have the bed all to myself. I love to sleep in the middle, and have like 8 pillows all around me. I sleep like a baby, and never move.
4-I am a very anxious person, this gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes.
5-I love my kids, more that I ever thought I would, or could.
6-I love bubble baths, and hate when I have to hurry and just shower.
7-I am scared/terrified of loosing people that I am close to.
8-I know this is weird, but I love the smell of adhesives. I love the smell of the spray that the anesthesiologist sprays on your back, before he tapes up the epidurals.
9-I had a very happy childhood, and could not have asked for anything more.
10-Being a mom and wife are harder than I ever thought they would be. I always thought things happened "Happily Ever After." I am learning to work at things and that things don't always have to be perfect.
11-I am very jumpy all the time. I even scream and jump when Colby walks around the corner of our house.
12-I love getting mail. I love walking to the mailbox and seeing what fun surprises the mailman has brought.
13-I love being up in the mountains, or down at Lake Powell, where you can see so many beautiful stars. It makes me feel so small, yet important at the same time.
14-I bite my fingernails
15-I love cute pajama bottoms, and would wear them all the time if I could.
16-I love working night shifts with my friends and laughing about things at 3am. Everything is funny at that hour.
17-I love pedicures, and would get one every week if I could.
18-I am so grateful that I can be with my family forever, and knowing this makes me strive to be a better person, so that I can be with them.
19-I love a good romance story.
20-I used to make fun of texting, but now I love it. Colby and I text all the time, and send pictures. It has helped us get closer.
21-Colby has given me pretty much everything I could ever want. Life just gets better and better. I have been spoiled and have never truly wanted for anything.
22-I am not a very good housewife. I wish I was like my sister, who seems to have it all together. Her house always clean, laundry done, homemade treats, dinner in the oven, and lots of time to spend doing fun things with her kids.
23-I sleep with the TV on.
24-I am horrible with money, and am learning I can't buy everything I want to, and to have a budget. I am learning the difference between wants and needs, and that I don't really need a whole lot.
25-I love pictures. Maybe that's why my kids hate them so bad, and refuse to be in them.

3 comments:

Kara said...

did you know you could up load your blog on to your facebook? I do that so my family members don't have to go to 2 different sights!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

That was so fun to read about Hadlee. It seems like just yesterday you had her.
I also liked your 25 things about you. I didn't know some if those things about you....

Walker paradise said...

cute tags!