Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Better Housewife

The last two day shifts I have worked Colby has been off. He has had school, but has been home most of the day. He is making me look bad. He has cleaned up the house and got some much needed chores done. He has also done all of the laundry. (Which he has not been aloud to do, because he dry's my stuff, and yes he has ruined some things, but that is a whole other argument.) He has been to the grocery store and home depot, with the kids. He plays with them and takes them for ice cream. AND.......when I walk in the door, dinner is made and ready to eat. And dinner was dang good. WHAT,,,,,,,,,He is a better stay at home mom that I am. Maybe I should work everyday and let him stay home?????? Who knows, I thought about stepping up my game, but no, I didn't make dinner tonight. It's hard when you work the night before, and don't get any sleep, you don't want to do much of anything. But, I did walk the mall with Torie today, but that doesn't take much brain power. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

5 comments:

Cori Simmons said...

okay, okay, I'll give him some credit. He is pretty amazing. Walking the mall is much more important. JK

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed. Luke doesn't even know how to turn on our washing machine. Go Colby! I wouldn't feel bad. You're bringing home the bacon, anyway!! :-)

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

You did marry a great guy. I am very impressed.

Nicki said...

Just sit back and enjoy it. It won't be long until he is done with school and you are back to playing Alice. That is nice that he does that stuff.

Walker paradise said...

I agree about the working all night and not sleeping all day it sucks! I'm living that right now! so don't feel guilty for anthing! But you do have a good hubby!