Friday, January 30, 2009

Mexico

We took the kids to Puerto Vallarta for 8 days, for a little fun in the sun. The Hollimans and Grandma Jake also went. We have been home for a week, we came home to smog and snow. (A little depressing) Hanks was a little harder than I expected, he was just very whinny, then as soon as we got home he was an angel again.

Thursday Jan 15

Let's just say the flight was not so fun. Hanks did not like being cooped up. He has developed this hair raising scream when he doesn't get his own way. We arrived that afternoon at Grandma's condo and went straight to the pool. We ate that night at the restaurant at the condo.

Friday

We went first thing into "Old Town," and had breakfast at a new place next to Lapalapa. It was yummy. We then spent the day at the beach outside of the restaurant. Hadlee and Swayze got their hair braided.
Hadlee just got the top done and did not enjoy the whole process.


Hanks loved playing in the sand. He would lay in the sand on his belly and do backwards snow angels. He would get sand everywhere, then he would rub his eyes and put his hands in his mouth.

Playing on the beach



Saturday

We went to the zoo, this was our first time going. This isn't your ordinary zoo. They have all kinds of animals and they aren't really in cages. Most of them you walk right up to them and feed them, and you are only separated by a little wall. We saw Monkeys, Camels, Ostriches, Pigs, Deer, Tigers, Leopards, Giraffe's, Donkeys, Turtles, Bears, Lions, and Reptiles, just to name a few.




They let the kids hold the baby animals.


Check out the tongue on this giraffe.


We went back and swam in the pool and the ocean, then went to Bubba Gumps on the Malicon for dinner.
We also celebrated Steel's 5th Birthday



Sunday

Colby and his mom took the kids out to the village to give them gifts DeAnne had brought. We played at the condo all day.
That night we went to Pipi's for dinner


Both my kids love the drinks. They are "Little Lushes."


This is a picture of us standing on the balcony at the condo


Monday

We drove out to Sayulita. It is usually about a 1 hr car ride, but it took a little bit longer, because we had some car issues. We love this beach, it is our favorite. It is so fun to see the big waves and watch all the beach bums surf.

Hanks playing


Then Sleeping


Swayze catching some sweet waves


Hads and Colby playing


Then Drinking


Tuesday

We stayed at the condo and chilled. We played in the ocean and at the pool.


Did I mention that their place is right on the beach. It is wonderful. There is a pool and to both sides we have the ocean. I took these pictures off of our deck to make everyone jealous. You can see the ocean to the left in the pictures above.
These are looking down, and then to the right.

If you look close, you can see Colby and Hadlee out by the pool. Hadlee is sleeping, and Colby is supposed to be doing homework, but we all know he was asleep too.
We like to leave the balcony doors open at night, but most of the time the waves are crashing just a little too loud. Rough life, I know.
That night we went to Pipi's again. Hanks was horrible and had enough. He was such a pain, and I was on my last nerve.

Wednesday

The boys went out fishing in the morning. Around 11 they picked us up in Betos boat and we all went out. We saw dolphins and the boys saw a sea turtle, but our favorite was the whales.

The kids loved it. And of course, I left my nice camera at the condo, so these aren't the best pictures. They would come up to the surface, then splash their tails.

We then snorkeled and fed the fish.




That night we went to dinner at a place on the new part of the Malicon.

This is Colby trying to discipline Hanks at dinner

How can a kid this cute, be such a pain.


This is what two of the others were doing while we ate.

After dinner we walked along the malacon. The Mexican people are so nice, and always make such a fuss over the kids. One man stopped me and wanted to know how much for Hanks. I told him, "today, almost fee." That is what they tell us to get us to come into there stores. Then he told me that Hanks looked like a movie star. He said he looked just like a little "Nacho Libre." I laughed and told him that was not a compliment.

This is the kids walking the Malacon. Hadlee looks like a star with the poparotzi trying to take her picture.


Thursday

We had breakfest at the condo, and hung out till we had to go to the airport.
Hadlee loved the beach and would rather play in the ocean then the pool.

Swayze took Hadlee under her wing, and was so good to her. Every morning we would wake up and Hadlee would say, "Lets go to the Beach." She continues to say it now, even though we have been home for a week. Sorry honey, you will have to wait for the summer and settle for Lake Powell. She loved letting the waves chase her up the beach and would laugh and giggle when they got to her. They did knock her down a few times, but never really hurt her. Most days she would come up to us around 3 and tell us she was so tiered. She would then lay down in her beach towel on a chair or in the sand and sleep for a few hours.

Hanks on the other hand was such a pain. He was just at a hard age to take down there. But ever since we have been home, he has been so sweet and really made up for his bad behavior.

I learned a couple things from this trip. I cant take for granite the time I get to spend with my family. It seems like all we have done is work since we have been home. I have learned that I just have to relax more and know that Hanks was just going through a phase. (Sorry Hollimans, that you had to go through it too.) I learned not to take for granite all of the trips we take alone without kids, and how truely relaxing they are. I also learned that I take for granite being so close to my mom and sister. I really missed not talking to them everyday.

This is a picture of Hadlee and DeAnne before we left.


Thanks Cregg and DeAnne for having such a wonderful place that we truely love. And DeAnne and the Hollimans for going with us. We Love You Guys.

8 comments:

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Oh the pictures made me want to be there even more. I love that place.
You should of left Hanksy with me. That is a hard age.
I am glad you had fun and I missed you more then you know.

gillman said...

I am truly so jealous, it looks like an amazing vacation, even with an onery little boy!! i would drag my kids anywhere right now for a little sun!
meg:0)

Jossie said...

I'm SO jealous! We LOVED Puerto Vallarta so much when we went!

Anonymous said...

One more vote for being SO jealous!! I'm glad you guys got to go. And how nice that Cregg and Deanne have a place to take your kids for years and years to come! I loved the part about "Nacho Libre". Not even close, but dang hilarious!

Cori Simmons said...

Love the paparazi pic of Hadlee. Looks like fun - we need to go their next vacation.

Nicki said...

What a fun time! Sounds like we need to plan ahead so I can go. I am fun... I think. Glad you had such a great vacation

kelliemcc said...

P.S. you suck

Young Family said...

I am craving a BIG dose of Mexico now....thanks!! I am glad that you had a vacation you guys deserve it!!