Today, my baby became a Sunbeam. I know that it is not that big of deal, but the more I have thought about it today, it is a big deal. All of the sudden, she is old. We have an older ward, with a very small primary, so they all meet together. She is actually the only sunbeam. Sad huh, she is the only one her age. So they combined her class with the CTR 5's. She can act so big sometimes. She walked right in, her teachers introduced themselves, they asked her to sit down, and next thing I know, is she is saying, "Bye Mom," in a way that was like, "GET OUT OF HERE, AND DON'T EMBARRASS ME." I hung around for awhile and watched them sing a song, and say the prayer. They met together today, to get their new teachers, then they were to break to there new classrooms, then come back for sharing time. I watched her walk to her classroom, holding her teachers hand, and she even gave me a little wave, too cool to say hi, but just a smile and a wave. After class, they told Colby that she had done good, but had a case of the wiggles during singing time. HELLO!!!, she has to stand and dance while she sings.
I think the hardest part of being a parent is that you want them to be so good. I want her to be nice to everyone, listen to adults, behave, do what she is told and to be sweet. She can either be so good, or so mean. Colby and I took her to a movie yesterday. She was so good through the movie and loves to be alone with us. On the way out, Colby stopped to use the bathroom, and I had to get after her for running. She became mean, and said, "You be nice okay, stop it, or I will spank you." And she said it with such a mean voice. It really made me stop and think, these are all things that I have said to her, does my voice sound mean like that when I say things to her??? Being a parent is so hard. Everything I said I would never do, I have. That's the funniest part. I have learned that I can not control everything. I cant always control if they don't feel good, or did not get a long enough nap. Oh well, I guess I will just do the best I can.
I think the hardest part of being a parent is that you want them to be so good. I want her to be nice to everyone, listen to adults, behave, do what she is told and to be sweet. She can either be so good, or so mean. Colby and I took her to a movie yesterday. She was so good through the movie and loves to be alone with us. On the way out, Colby stopped to use the bathroom, and I had to get after her for running. She became mean, and said, "You be nice okay, stop it, or I will spank you." And she said it with such a mean voice. It really made me stop and think, these are all things that I have said to her, does my voice sound mean like that when I say things to her??? Being a parent is so hard. Everything I said I would never do, I have. That's the funniest part. I have learned that I can not control everything. I cant always control if they don't feel good, or did not get a long enough nap. Oh well, I guess I will just do the best I can.
This is a picture of Hads on New Years Eve. She couldn't make it till midnight. She feel asleep right in the middle of everything. She's pretty cute when she is asleep.






7 comments:
She is getting big way to fast. She is a cutie.
I agree. Being a parent is really hard. Especially when you have a little sh** like I do!!! Lol. You are a great mom, Heather. Your kids are adorable and are a great product of you and Colby. Keep doing what you're doing!!
Way to go Hadlee! I can just see her up on the front row in Primary - standing up while she sings and dances. Soon she will know every single word to every song.
it is so hard to see your kids getting older and hitting all of the little "milestones". she is such a cutie!!
Meg :0)
way cute picture of sleeping girl, looks like you had fun
Ah how cute! I know, being a parent is SO hard! Tyler says some things to me too that I'm like, "Has that come out of MY mouth too?" So hard!
Heather-
Happy New Year! It is a big deal becoming a sunbeam. Brayden just went into Senior Primary and I thought that was a big deal. Kenzie is getting baptized. We have threatened to send Max back to sunbeams if he can't learn to sit still. Isn't working! Oh Well! Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Can't believe it is all over!
Post a Comment