So........ We were supposed to be go bear hunting with Trevor over the Labor Day weekend. But when Colby go his orientation schedule for his new job, he was scheduled Thurs- Fri-Sat-Sun, the same days as the hunt. I was really bummed that we couldn't go camping. Colby works in Salt Lake, from 7 to 7. By the time he gets home it is after 8.
The worst past is not being able to talk to him. I got really spoiled being able to call him all day long when he was driving to different patients. I would call him and talk to him about everything. I would tell him.....
-Guess what Hadlee just did-
-Hanks just had another blow out-
-Listen to what I just read-
or
-Talk to me, so I don't go crazy-
I really took it for granite. Now he only calls on his lunch break, for a minute, and I feel all alone. I know that sounds dumb, but its true.
So the last few days, he leaves at 6 and gets home between 8 and 830. Eats, plays with the kids for a minute, and then goes to bed. He mights as well be away at school. I hate it.
So.......I am feeling like a single mom.
On Thursday we adventured out to Costco with Torie and the kids. On Friday, we usually get up early and go to Swiss Days, just the girls. My Mom and Lindy were gone, and we didn't have a babysitter, so we decided to bag it. So, around 10 o'clock, Torie calls and talks me into it. We actually had a blast. It was hot, but fun. Torie always finds a way of making me do things I don't want to do, and I usually end up glad she made me. We didn't buy much, but that's okay. On Saturday, the kids and I drove up to the cabin and spent the day. We had fun and Hadlee got to play with her cousins. The only picture I took is of Hanks and Grandpa Harley.
We are so lucky to have them in our life's. What a cool Great Grandpa, he had taken him out to see the horses.
Anyway... I have realized I don't like being alone, and I really do love and miss my husband.





7 comments:
Heather, i feel your pain!! when kaleb was building our house i felt like a single mom all the time. it is really hard. it makes you grateful for when they are home!! hang in there!!
meg :0)
I'm SORRY I know what it fills like to just want to talk to a adult instead of a kid. Sometimes people don't get it until it happens to them it SUCKS!!! Anyways maybe tomorrow we should take the kids {Hadlee, Hanks, Steel, and Stryker} to the park for a picnic. Call me....
By-the-way that picture of Hanks and Grandpa is great. Definitley a treasure.
Heather - you have four sisters on this side and we're always available to go hang. You kind of made me teary.
I must have missed you at the cabin I think you left right as I got there. Great picture of Grandpa.
What are you talking about being single is great!! Okay it totally SUCKS!! I know what you are going through and I am sorry. WHen you get lonely go ahead and call me cause my husband is most likely out of town or hunting!
Oh, I feel sad for you. You really learn to treasure those rare moments of just the two of you. I hope it gets better. Love the picture of Hanks with g-pa. That's a keepsake!!!
oh girl i know the feeling! nate is gone A LOT! i am so sorry! we should hang out, especially now that its hunting season i am alone quit often. so where is colby working now? obviously a salt lake hospital of some sort! i think he would do well at PCMC so i hope thats where he is. let us know keep us updated!
I know how you feel. It is hard not to have someone to talk with, vent with, or just be around all of the time.
Post a Comment