Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emotional Morning

Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel sorry for yourself? I did yesterday, then you look around and felt like such a looser for feeling that way.
I really don't know why, I just had a bad day, I was tiered, I needed to do a hundred stupid things, I had to teach a class in the afternoon, then work a night shift, so I guess I was just in a bad mood.
I had one of those duh moments last night. I have so much to be grateful for and truly nothing to be complaining about. We have a cousin that is in ICU at the hospital after being in a bad 4-wheeler accident where he was life flighted and has multiple bad injuries. I had my duh moment right after visiting him last night. Nothing else matters, we are just very grateful he is alive. I also have a brother-in-law who's mother past away this week, and another brother-in-law, whose mother is having surgery today. Why in the heck was I feeling sorry for myself???? What a baby!!!
So the rest of the night, while at work, I was basically in tears and thought about how lucky I am. I have my cute little, wonderful, healthy family. And my amazing extended family on both sides, which I don't appreciate and tell I love enough.
So, I came home and layed on the couch for an hour before the kids are up, and began watching TV and saw everything bringing back memories from 9-11. So, now I am bawling again. Great. What a way to start a day. Then my beautiful kids wake up, and I can't seem to hug and kiss them enough. While they were eating breakfast, I layed on the couch for a minute. I swear Hadlee can tell when I am tiered. She ran to her room and got her favorite blanket and doll. She covered me up and placed her doll next to me, then kissed my cheek and said, "That's better." Great, now I am bawling again. My heart is just very full today. Either that or I am just delirious from no sleep, who knows.

12 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Maybe your pregnant! Sorry if that thought makes you cry more, it would me! They were good tears you were crying so that makes it okay, everyone needs to just let it out every so often or you'll explode. And I don't want you to explode, who would clean up the mess.

Katherine said...

I have had those times. Where life seems hard and then you realize that it's wonderful and you are so blessed. I think that it's great to feel gratitude for what you have, especially when others are having hardships. I am always tired too...I think it's just the life of a mom. :) But, I hear we will miss having little kids someday.(I keep tell myself that :) JK..I know I will. (sorry that was kind of a random comment)

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am with Kelli- Maybe you are pregnant... Ha Ha Just kidding.
I know you aren't, but I can tease you.
Remember last Saturday when I was having a bad day. Then I went to Stake Conference and I realized I had so much to be grateful for.
I think you just need those days-to put us back in place.
I love you and think you are incrediable. I don't know how you work- take care of your kids and do everything else. You are the best....

Anonymous said...

Good thing our kids are sensitive to our emotions, cuz our husbands are clueless. Don't worry, we are all entitled to those days. Some of us (me) just have them more often than we should!

smarts said...

Thanks Heather!! Just reading that made me think.... that was my DUH moment. I have days like that but it takes me too long to remember the little things and BE GREATFULL!!! So Thank you again.

gillman said...

heather, don't feel bad, we all have days like that and sometimes it helps to have a bad day and then it puts your life in perspective and we can get over it. and having kids who are in tune with your feelings is a blessing greater than anything i can think of!! your kids are so precious!!
meg :0)

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

I think it is easy to get tired and overwhelmed, especially as a working mom! I have had those days. I think we all need occasional reminders to remember how lucky we are. Today with all of the 9-11 memorials I was reminded that I need to be thankful I was born an American and enjoy the blessings of living in a free country!

Natilie said...

I am totally with you. I spent all last week crying, and some of this week. Sometimes you just need to let it all out!

Cori Simmons said...

are you PMS-ing? I understand the tear thing. . .I don't think I have any left. Be grateful for every moment you have with your loved ones because you just never know - that probably doesn't make you feel much better. You have a GREAT life!

JoshuaMcC said...

Buck up little camper,....you can join my bike club if it makes you feel better. Just because you hate Costco too.

Walker paradise said...

i'm sorry i hate those days especially because then I feel worse for feeling bad in the first place

Anonymous said...

Heather, thanks for checking up with the doctors for my little "dilemma". However, my question is, does it make a difference that it was a different doctor? And, I heard that they should've included this "checking up on me fee" with the anesthesiologist bill. I have to pay an entire seperate bill, for this doctor that wasn't even my anesthsiologist. This is my third c-section and I've never ever had an anesthesiologist come to check up on me before. I just think that its lame. If they would even give me the stupid option to have him check up on me, i would've said no. Isn't that what the nurses are for? That's what pisses me off the most, is this is just another way for them to screw people so they can get more money.
Thanks for letting me bug you about it!