Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandkids Day

We joke around in my family, and call Fridays "Grand children's Day." Both of my parents are off on Fridays, so we usually always do something, at least go to lunch.
This Friday, my mom and me, were going to "put up" some stewed tomatoes. I wasn't that excited, but I love putting my moms stewed tomatoes in homemade soups, so I figured I should help instead of always stealing them from her. We did pretty good.

We also did raspberry freezer jam. (sorry no picture, but they were beautiful.) And yes... I am feeling very domestic.

At lunch Torie and the boys, and Trevor's family all came over for lunch. My dad had just bought some new 4-wheelers for the kids, so we decided to let the kids ride in the pasture.
Trevor testing them out.


The kids loved them





I have been telling Hadlee for the past few days, that Grandpa would take her on the horse if she was good. She was so excited, and even brought her hat.

I think she is going to be our next rodeo queen, what do you thing?



Everyone took turns riding the horse




Here is a picture of our other cute little cowgirl. She loved watching the kids. Hanks was busy inside taking a 4 hr nap.


I am so glad that Hadlee has such good cousins and hope they will always be friends.



I am also thankful for wonderful parents. For teaching me how to make things. (I am glad that I know how, but I would rather always make it with her, it's much funner that way.) And for loving and spending time with their grandkids.


5 comments:

Walker paradise said...

I am a fan of all of your great family get togethers, I love keeping up on all the good times, great pics

Anonymous said...

What good grandparents. I want a cowgirl hat just like Hadlee's!

Natilie said...

That looks like so much fun. How cool that your kids are so close in age.

Young Family said...

Cute pictures!! Your parents are so great!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

That was so fun and your pictures are so cute. We do have the best parents.
Hadlee is for sure the next Rodeo Queen. She looks so cute.