Monday, August 4, 2008

Things Happen in 3's

Do you ever feel like you can't win? We kept joking around about how things happen in threes, and was wondering what was going to happen next. First the whole job thing, then the collar bone, then...... We spend a wonderful time down at Palisades Lake, Had a big dinner, and stayed and visited too long. Then Ellery put a Cobbler on, and we had to stay till it was done.

We were driving home through the canyon and went around a turn and BOOM! We hit a buck. There was no breaking, nothing, it was just standing there in the road. Seriously, WHAT THE HECK! Colby grasped the steering wheel when we hit it, and hurt his collar bone, Hadlee was crying the the back seat, and the poor (stupid) deer was laying on the side of the road, DEAD.


I keep telling Colby that it could have been tons worse, and we should be grateful none of us were hurt. But that only goes so far. So now we have had our THREE. We are done.
Right???

7 comments:

Natilie said...

Wow. It looks like you were lucky - if you can call it that. We are glad you are okay. At least your three are done now, right?

kelliemcc said...

It's three kids. Once you have three kids bad things stop happening to you, and if you have more than three the problems start up again.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am so sorry. I am glad no one was hurt. I think maybe you guys should just stay home and lock the doors.

Young Family said...

Look like some good luck should be up ahead. I am so sorry you guys have had so much lately. Just know I love ya and I am hear for you!!

Justin and Lori said...

Man! What luck! I agree with the comment from Kellie. :) It sure was good seeing your family at Steele Days. Any job luck etc??? We've been thinking of you.

Walker paradise said...

i'm sorry! we have two cars and three wrecks at the moment to fix that we haven't....my pathfinder got rear ended in utah but not too bad but the side is rusting and I really need to get that in, then tyson backed into a truck in our neighborhood and poked a hole in the gate of the subaru and then a few nights ago after dropping aj somewhere he went to the ATM and backed into a pole there so we feel your pain...and it sucks

Katherine said...

How big was the buck? Just kidding
! Glen