Sunday, May 6, 2012

Merrill Jacks Jacobson

So,,,,,,, A month later, but here is the story.  I worked my usual night shifts on Monday and Tuesday night.  I was really uncomfortable on Wednesday morning before I left work, so I got checked.  I was a good 4 cm, and the Dr that was on said I could stay, but I was so tired and Colby had tests all day.  I came home to my kids and didn't really sleep, but took them to school, preschool, dance and soccer.  That night I slept better then I had in weeks. 
That next day, April 5th, I went to my Dr's appointment around 11 am.  He said I was still a 4 and couldn't believe I was still pregnant.  He stripped me a little before I left.  Torie still had my kids, so I went and got a quick pedicure and decided to go and get stripped by one of my friends at the hospital. Thinking that maybe we could get things rolling later that night or the next day.  My friend that checked me said I didn't need to be stripped because I was at least 6 cm.  It was crazy, I not really contracting and felt better then I can't remember when. 
So I was 6cm and not in labor.  I talked to my doctor and he checked me and said he didn't feel comfortable sending me home.  Colby was up at school and I knew he would be a least an hour getting there so I called and told people to start heading this way.  I wasn't hurting so I just hung out for a few hours. 

I got admitted around 3 pm.  Got my epidural, and then had my water broke.  1 and 1/2 hours later he was born at 1735. I was 37.6 days.

He weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz and was 19 inches long.

He had the cord wrapped tight around his neck when he came out.  So we grabbed a quick picture before they took him over to the NBICU.

He was over in the NBICU for a few hours.  They had to give him an IV because he needed volume, he had CPAP for a little bit and they also had to tube feed him, because they couldn't get his blood sugars up.  All probably because of the nucal cord.

He finally came down to the nursery.  This kid had quiet the fan club.

I was so glad to get a closer look at him.  He looked a lot like Hanks did.  As soon as he came out everyone said he looked just like the others. 

The kids love him too!

I see babies born everyday and every time it is a miracle.  I am so glad he is here safe.  It is amazing the love I feel for my (not so little) family. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, those cheeks!! He is truly a doll!
And I swear, I'll become a nurse just to get my babies here at 37 weeks. So not fair!! :-)
But that fourth pregnancy is a b****!! I'm sure you're so glad to have it over and done with. (Even though you looked A-M-Azing right up til birth!)
Hope you are enjoying your little man and that all is well!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

So fun to see all those pictures. He is beautiful. I haven't seen him for a few days. I miss him.

You make cute babies- how about a few more :)

Somerset said...

You look amazing! I'm so excited for you! He's beautiful! It seems like just yesterday I ran into you at Target after Miss Ivy was born....where does the time go?