Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So Far Behind

I keep trying to download pictures from Christmas, but blogger keeps telling me my picture capacity is full. WHATEVER!!! I need to get it figured out, but for now I will just keep putting it off.


Life is back in full swing after the holidays. The kids and Colby are back in school. I actually find it depressing.

Ivy is a terror. She is into everything and I find myself going from mess to mess cleaning up, only to find that while I was cleaning up one mess, she was making another. Hadlee gets sick of me asking her to help clean up Ivy's messes. The other day she stated, "What am I, Cinderella." Then we both burst out laughing. She is a climber and climbs up on the counters. Even when I pull the stools away, she either pushes them over, or scoots a dinning room chair over. She is smart and can point to all of her different body parts when asked. She even points to my belly when we ask where the baby is. Oh, her poor little world is about to change. I should have taken away her bottle a few months ago, when I had the chance. About a month ago, I decided she could only have it at bedtime. Recently when asking for a ba, ba, I gave her a sippy. She threw herself on the floor, and began to throw a fit. I simply walked away. She came and found me and grabbed my face and said, "No ma, ma, BA BA, BA BA, all while being very serious. She knows exactly what is being said, and just sometimes chooses to listen. She can get her own diapers and wipes out and even throws the old ones away. She has recently went 3 for 3 going number 1 on the toilet for my mom and has even pooped on it for her. I have only tried a few times, and she never does it for me. She is a tease, and loves to pretend she is going to give you a kiss, and then doesn't. She has the cutest little wave and mostly just moves her wrist in a circular motion. She recently started saying a bunch of new words. Her favorite being, "Di, cok." Yes, she is saying Diet Coke. My dad and I find it funny, and she mostly just gets sips of caffeine free, but my mom does not find it funny and gets mad. When she sees my dad go to the fridge, she says it and and has to have a sip. She loves to talk to her dad on the phone. I call her rickashay. She is constantly running and bouncing off things.

Hanks can be so cute and times, and others so hard. He is constantly wanting to wrestle and tease his sisters. He can also be so cute and just wants to please us. We recently went down to Manti to watch Kate in her High School play. He had to sit by Grandpa Ralph and loves the fact that he used to be a "Cowboy." At one point Grandpa had his hand on Hanks leg and after Hanks looked at his hand for a while, proceeded to tell him that his hand looked like a rotten potato. As we were helping Grandpa walk out, Hanks follows right behind him, holding onto the legs of his pains, as though he is helping hold him up.

We recently were visiting with Grandma Betty. She uses a walker that has a seat on it and the kids think it is so cool. As we were leaving, Hanks yelled to her, "Love you, Sorry you can't walk!" I'm sure she didn't hear him, but it was great, because he was being so sincere.

He loves school and wants to be smart. He puts 100% into everything and wants to be the best. He loves when Bubba comes over and loves to tease and wrestle him.

Hadlee continues to love dance, and is always singing and dancing around the house. I just wish she was that interested in school. It is a fight most nights to get homework done, if she just wouldn't fight it, we would get it done so fast. She is a great big sister and truly loves her brother and sister. She loves to fall asleep in bed with us. I think it is sad that she is getting so big and grown up. She got a touch for Christmas and takes tons of pictures and even some videos of herself. I love it, She makes me laugh.

Colby is back in school and we are back to never seeing him. He is a perfectionist and has to do the best at everything. He has school until the first of August, then has a few weeks off until he goes away to clinicals. We think he will go to Texas first.


I am now 27 weeks pregnant. I feel bigger then ever. This little kid is a kicker, I don't remember the others being so active. I am starting to get a little freaked out at the thought of having four kids. I told Colby just tonight, that I didn't feel that old, how can we possibly be responsible for 4. He always just laughs at me and says how awesome it is, or how excited he is. If I complain to him about the baby, or having to work, it just makes him feel bad and he reminds me how lucky we are. Sometimes I just want him to be quiet and listen to me vent. The baby has no name. We are not around each other enough to really talk about it. We still live in my parents basement. Everyone is always asking about it, like it is some horrible thing. It is actually great. We have our own living areas, kitchen, entrance, etc. We just have extra help with the kids. I don't go crazy because I have adults to talk to and eat with and my kids love having more people to love them. Ivy loves my parents and will go to the door and pound on it and yell Grandma. Most of the time when she gets hurt she wants nothing to do with me and wants Grandma. Ivy loves to sit in my dads chair and run around and tease him. Hanks wakes up every morning and asks if Grandma is home today. They always have something going on or are running somewhere and Hanks always worms his way into going with them. I don't know what my kids will do when they only have Colby and I to give them attention. Its weird to think that Ivy doesn't know anything different. Plus my mom cooks all the time, she is always making us dinner or some kind of treat. We will probably starve.


That's all I can think of for now. I don't really like being pregnant this time, but I know this baby is easier on the inside then out. I need to be grateful that I am pregnant and that things are going well. I am thinking 4/12/12, but who knows, it could be sooner. I hope and pray this baby is good natured, and will just cuddle with me all day.

1 comments:

Lindy said...

Your kids are darling!! I can't believe how big they are getting. I hope the rest of this pregnancy goes by quickly for you... but you are absolutely right, they are so much easier to take care of in utero than out:)