I can't believe May is half over....WOW...
I started my summer class last week and immediately felt overwhelmed. Besides going to class every Mon and Wed from 10-3, we needed to put in 30+ hours of studying. This Patho class was going to be tuff and besides taking the prerequisites over 10 years ago, we would be going double time to fit it into 7 1/2 weeks. I know I should have just bucked up and suffered the 7 weeks, but I felt like I already had enough on my plate and was already feeling overwhelmed. So...... after a lot of boobing about it, I dropped it. I just want to relax this summer and play with my kids. Ever since I dropped it last week, I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I know it was the right thing to do.
Speaking of good news. Hadlee got into Barrett elementary. I signed her up for Kindergarten at Legacy Elementary, which is right by my parents. But then I learned that I have school in the fall on Tues and Thursdays at 8 and 9 am. How was I going to get her to school at 915???????? We were put on a waiting list at Barratt a few months ago because they have closed enrollment. The reason I wanted to go there is because I could just take her to daycare still, two days a week and they will take her there and pick her up, because it is right across the street. Well, after a lot of prayers, I got a phone call and they have a spot for her in the afternoon class. I know it will be a pain to take her a little further on the other days, but once in the car, whats another 3 minutes... (I hope) I makes me laugh, because Colby can't stand the fact that she will be going to school and that she is growing up. She gives him hugs and kisses every time she sees him and I don't think he wants that to ever end.
We still have no clue what we are doing. Colby has been working around the clock to do an independent study stats class, so he can apply to a school in Arizona in June. Then.....IF..... he gets an interview it will be the end of July, first of August. And hopefully they will let us know if he is in. If not, Colby is headed to Pennsylvania. (I think) If he gets into Arizona, we will go with him to school in June. If he goes to Pennsylvania, we will stay here, I will finish school and work, and live with my parents. (PLUS add a brand new baby to the mix) Then when Hadlee and I finish school next spring, we will probably move out there with him. This fall he just goes to a college out there called St Vincent. He will be on a school schedule with all of the regular school breaks and only has classes on Wed, Thurs and Friday. (8-6ish) So we are hoping that he will fly home every other weekend, fall break, Thanksgiving, and be done around the first of December. The second semester, from what we hear, is a nightmare. You go to school full time and have lots of clinicals and are never around, so that might be a hard time. Hopefully me and kids can save money and go out and see him for those 4 months. Everything is up in the air, so it is really trying my making me crazy. I am one of those "Have to have a plan" girls. Plus, as soon as he finishes the stats class, we need to get our house up for sale. I am trying to be easygoing, but it's not working so well.
I am getting so FAT!! I pretty much weigh right now, what I weighed when I delivered the other two. Even the Doctor last week, was telling me we might need to start watching it. He was one of the older Docs in the group I go to, and I left kind of sad and went and got me a cheeseburger and fries. hehehe This pregnancy is so different then the others. This kid is so dang active. "IT" keeps me up and night with all of the kicking. I work a night shift and come home and crawl into bed and it begins to squirm. I already feel so swollen, and I have large spider veins everywhere on my legs. I have also developed a "Buffalo Hump," as Colby so lovingly named it. On the back of my neck. It's not that noticeable, but it totally bugs me. It's like this fatty pad of fat. The Doctor said he wasn't really concerned with it, and he wont be until it doesn't go away....... Seriously what the heck.
Hanks has a fascination with his cousin Cole. Everything he does, he wants to be like "Coley." We went and watched him play soccer last week.
On Friday, We went to the Mother's Day Tea Party at the kids daycare.
They sang songs and gave us a special gift. Hadlee loves all of her friends at school.




Instead of eating over at my mom and dad's on Sunday. We decided to give my mom a break and celebrate on Saturday and all go out to dinner instead. Eating at Texas Roadhouse is always better then cooking.
Afterwards we went up to my mom's and played baseball, rode the 4-wheelers and the horses and had dessert.





Here is our next rodeo queen.
Then on Sunday Hadlee made bracelet's for all of her grandma's, and great grandma's. It took her all day to do, and she was very proud of herself. She was so excited to give them to them.
My kids with their grandma's. We missed Grandma Bettie on Mothers Day, but we went and saw her the next day, and forgot to take a picture.


We had a nice BBQ over at the Jacobsons that night.
At the end of the night, I realized I needed a pic with my kiddo's. Hanks is looking pretty tired.
I thought that by not taking that class, I would be able to get a lot accomplished. NOPE...... I still have big piles of laundry to fold and lots of stuff to do. I am thinking I get more done, when I have a lot on my plate.














2 comments:
Just stay here no matter what okay :) I don't want you to go.
I will feel bad for you once you've actually delivered a 10 lb. child. Good luck with that!!
Post a Comment