I really wish life would just slow down......... I can't believe the summer is pretty much over and that it has been a year since we decided to go a new directions with our life's. I am actually kind of proud that I have been keeping up on my blog and have been writing memories and events down.
Last week Hadlee started swimming lessons. Torie had been taking Cole to these private lessons, and it has been amazing how well he has done and he is already swimming laps. The lady is really cool and it works for my schedule, because I can schedule her whenever I want and only a few days a week. The lady warned me that Hadlee would probably cry for at least the first week. She had her get in the pool and learn to hold her breath. If she cried she would sit and bob her in and out of the water. It was kind of sad and traumatic for me. After Hadlee had settled down, she had her floating on her back. Then she would have her jump in and immediately turn to her back and float to the side. Hadlee wanted to be done and each time she would get out of the pool to jump in, she would come up with excuses. The first one, "My daddy don't like this." The teacher said, "Your dads not here," and made her jump in. Next time out it was, "My belly hurts, I'm hungry," and the next was "I need to go to the potty." After each excuse, the teacher would reply, and make her jump in, at this point I was totally laughing. She ended her excuses with "I'll go to time out," and "I'm tired, and need to go to sleep." At the end of the lesson, I was waiting with a towel. As I wrapped her up she "SHE"S MEAN," followed by, "See you To-morning." (that's how she says tomorrow.) That was all on Monday, she also had a lesson on Tuesday, and did really well. She fused a little, but did not cry. She has also been a few times this week and is improving every lesson. Hadlee is so strong willed, so it is great for her not to get her own way and have to do things that she would never do for me.


Colby had finals at the first of last week. He was so stressed and I don't think he slept for 3 days, because of different finals, studying, and trying to work. YEA!!!!!!! Glad that is over. While he was studying so hard, we tried to stay away and give him space, which of course included the pool.
AND YES!!! We do get ice cream every time......
On Thursday morning, me and the kids headed up to Bear Lake to join all of the Jacobsons for the weekend. Colby drove up Friday morning after work. We stayed in a really nice place on the beach.
All the Grandkids on the beach, after playing on the playground.

Thursday and Friday the weather was perfect, It was only about 80 degrees, and it was just nice to sit on the beach and relax.
The kids loved to dig in the sand, fly kites, and splash around in the water.

Saturday and Sunday were cold and windy. We went up the canyon, went to lunch, played on the playground, did pedicures and made flip flops.
Hanks and Shylo eating there spaghetti on the floor.
The kids playing in the sand in their Pj's right after breakfast.
Everybody headed home on Sunday, but Colby and I and Jenicee stayed. We bundled the kids up and went out on the boat to explore the lake.
We just cruised around and talked while the kids had a long nap. Afterwards we went out for pizza, and got a hotel room and just layed around and relaxed. I think Colby knew that if we went home, we would have to get things done and it would be nice just to take a breather. We came home Monday afternoon.
Tuesday was my first day of school. It was nursing orientation. I really don't know what I am doing and why I am putting myself through this. I was in tears the whole day. I kept texting Colby and he would only laugh at me. There are 12 students in my program and I think I have the most nursing experience out of all. Some are older than me, but just got there RN's. I became friends with a girl that was friends with Chance in high school, that made me feel so old. I think I am getting an ulcer and not knowing how things will go, "The Unknown," is killing me. I also feel like a horrible mother. Hadlee is not going to preschool this fall, because it doesn't work with my schedule, that makes me feel selfish. I know she will be fine, she has already been in preschool a year and a half, and hopefully I can start her up again in January, when my schedule is more defined. We are also going to Mexico this fall for almost 3 weeks, so I had to talk to all my teachers and clear that with them........the stress in killing me.
Just when I thought our schedules couldn't get more complicated. Colby called me the other night and said they want him to be part of the Balloon pump, life flight team. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! This would include a certain number of call hours per month, him flying, and more time away....but it would be such a great opportunity. So Who Knows.
Yesterday, we all went to Seven Peaks. It was one of the last days it is open all day and most of the kids are back in school, so it wasn't very busy. Hanks loved it the most. He loved going down the slides, and would say "Again, and Again," over and over again. Hadlee was more of a scardy-cat, but still had fun.
I wish summer wouldn't end.......






%5B1%5D.jpg)


%5B1%5D.jpg)
%5B1%5D.jpg)











4 comments:
Life doesn't slow down, and just when you think it will some weird adventure is thrown your way. What are you going back to school for? I've contemplated going back for my masters lately. Then I get all stressed thinking about it...
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am always willing to help!!!!!
You sound BUSY. I have sort of been there, if you need help please call. And remember "this too shall pass!"
I'm ready for another night to go out and not spend anything! How's the budget going? Not good for me either. Call me!!!
Post a Comment