Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lake Powell

Two weeks ago, we went to Lake Powell. The Josephsons, and Chance and his friend Kellie all came. We had a great time. The weather wasn't the best, but we still had fun. We took our house boat out of the slip for the first time. It was much easier than we thought it would be.


Hadlee loves playing with the kids. We left Hanks home. Colby's parents took him to the cabin with them on Thursday, then to my parents for the weekend. They are so good to take him, it was much easier not having him there. My mom even got him to sleep better at night. She claims she fixed him. It was great to have some one-on-one time with Hadlee.





Hadlee and Lucy were either the best of friends or fought like crazy.




One day into the trip, I stepped on something. We were walking from the boat onto the houseboat, and the wind had came up and was blowing very hard. I was walking through the water and stepped on a bush and felt a crunch. It hurt, but we were trying to get all of the kids safely on the boat. It was bleeding and I knew something was in it. Colby used tweezers and tried to get what he could out. The next day it was killing me, and I could not step on my foot. My foot was swollen and hot, the veins in my foot were red and it looked really infected. To make a long story short, Colby kept wanting to take me into Page to the hospital, but I refused. When we got home on Monday, I went to the Instacare. By this time, it was really infected. The Dr said that they usually wait a week to see if it will work its way out, then you go to a plastic surgeon to have it removed. He placed me on antibiotics. On Tuesday I went to work, It was killing me, it bleed and puss drained out of it, it was forming a pocket of infection. The Dr's at the hospital told me to keep pushing the drainage out. That night after draining it, I felt a rough edge in the cut. Colby got the tweezers and pop, out it came. It looks like a bone, or an old piece of wood. We were surprised how big it was. It was as long as my thumb nail, and instantly it felt so much better. Moral of the story, Always wear shoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey party animal! Looks like you guys have been enjoying the summer. Sorry about your foot. That sounds horrible! Your kids are getting too big, too fast. And how do you get Hadlee's hair to always look so perfect???

gillman said...

I love seeing picutes of your kids, they are just too adorable!! i just want to pinch hanks cheeks!! :0) you guys do so many fun things with your kids! hope your foot is feeling better. you guys going to be building down here any time soon???? :0)
meg

Cori Simmons said...

OUCH! I didn't here you complain at work once.

Natilie said...

Is that Hadlee on the wakeboard? Very brave! Looks like a great time.