Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

I have been doing this "On Call" thing for Colby's home health company this past year. I am on call every third weekend, which really cramps Colby's style. He would be playing every weekend if I would let him. So this year it happens to land on the 4th and 24th of July. I was so bummed. We usually go camping over the 4th. So we have been home all weekend, trying to make the most of things.
My family still went camping. (Rude, I know, How dare they go without us. j/k) I took the kids up during the day on Thursday.


The kids loved catching bugs and butterflies with Grandma


Hadlee playing T-ball by herself



Torie bought all of the kids sun glasses






My cute little boy. He loves watching the kids play



It was so hot. We hiked down to the steam, and let the kids get wet.


That night we went and looked at more houses. (Long story) We then went to Hayleys house to watch there neighborhoods, stadium of fire.

I have never seen so many fireworks going at once



Hadlee playing with her first sparkler, with the help of Aunt Hayley



Supermodel Swayze, posing with hers


On the 4th we went to a big BBQ at Barratt and Heathers. They had lots of blow-up water toys, and a huge 20 foot wide slip-and-slide.


Even though there were 20+ kids there, Hadlee's age, she pretty much kept to herself.



Ava, Hadlee, and Lucy eating there cupcakes



Later that night, we went up to Mitchells, to watch the fireworks.


(okay, so the fireworks didn't show up in the background)


Hadlee preferred to play around with Indy





So Frustrated
For the past year, we have been looking at house plans and were planning to build a house on our lot in Lindon. With the market the way it is, there are lots of beautiful houses on the market, that people are loosing.
So we started just looking around at "Short Sales." We have been looking at houses, that are way out of our league, but that we can get for a deal and a good investment. Over the past 3 weeks we have looked at like 50 homes. We are now so confused. We go back and forth, buying or building.
It's funny, because after looking at some houses the other night, we were in the car, and Hads was watching a movie. The song, "The Bear-necessities," from the Jungle Book came on. I think it was a sign. We don't need a big house, nor do we want a big house payment. We just want a bigger living area, and a nice neighborhood, where our kids can play.
So now, after all we have looked at, and all of the hours and miles looking, I am back on building. But who knows, I just want to be at peace with a decision, and that has not happened yet.

8 comments:

Walker paradise said...

good luck with that dilemma, we do the same thing about moving out and building on this 5 acre lot here, but we like our house we too think we need more living space....but really we keep hearing the prophet saying be prepared get ready, pay for your houses..so we always are like well....we should probably stay put
but who knows if we will sorry i'm not much help, cut pictures though

Cori Simmons said...

You had a busy weekend afterall, even staying home! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

I have to say whatever you guys decide whether to build or buy- we're excited for you guys. Although, we might be a little bit extra excited if you built and became our neighbors!
P.S. I love Hanks' hair spiked- SO cute!!

Hayley Holliman said...

I know that it's your decision. But just remeber that I really will be heart broken if you don't move in by me. Ha Ha. I hope you guys can make a decision and really fill good about it... Ever since me and Josh have moved, we have felt so good about it. I truly know this is where we need to be right now. And I hope you guys can fill the same whatever the decision may be...

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

You guys look like you had a great weekend. I missed you up camping. It wasn't the same with out you.

Natilie said...

Looks like you were still able to have a pretty good time. We can't wait to see you at Glenda's party - are you coming?

If you build you get what you want - maybe!

gillman said...

Heather, you know that we would LOVE to have you guys as neighbors( especially so i can get to know your cute kids better) but hopefully you can make a decision that you feel good about!! We really do love it down here though, its a great area!! :0)
meg.

Justin and Lori said...

Ok now I am offically very mad at my computer. I've typed you a message 5 times and the computer keeps timing out. AHHHH!!! We had the same dilema. We are moving to get closer to Justin's work. We traded our 2 acres for 1 acre and hopefully a funner place for the kids to play-we really didn't have close neighbors to us in Blackfoot. Good Luck. It is fun hearing from you via blog!