I took the kids to see Grandma Bettie yesterday. She broke her leg, so she is rehab-ing in a nursing home. She was so excited to see the kids, and could not wait to hold Hanks. She held him, and loved him for a long time. She always says some pretty funny things, so I need to start writing them down. First she talked about Hanks, and she kept making comments on his "square head." She said this was a Jacobson trait, and that he looked just like Cregg when he was a baby. She couldn't get over how big he was. At one point she touched my arm, and said, "Don't worry Dear, some girls like bigger guys." I think she was meaning that he will someday find someone to love him, even though he has a square head and is large. (Who Knows) She makes me laugh. She talked a lot about her mother, Granny Arta and how she would have loved him. She told me that she loved babies, especially the boy ones. She teared up every time she looked over at Hadlee. She danced around and was talking to herself most of the time, which made Bettie laugh. I brought her a few pictures of the kids. I love how Bettie is always saying the words "Precious," and "Special." Here are a few pictures I took. Bettie would be mad, because she said she was not looking her best, but I thought she looked great.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Don't you just love some of the funny things grandmas will say? Your kids are SO cute!
i agree with your grandma... some girls like 'em big! LOL- did you tell her you were a chunk once upon a time and look how tiny you are now- i love grandmas tact!
Cute, Cute pictures!! She is such a cute Grandma. Hadlee and Hanks look darling.
That is so cool that you have those pictures and have it recorded for your kids. Cute pics and grandmas are so funny. They can get away with saying whatever they want. You gotta love 'em.
I also love all the stuff that comes flying out of the "elderly" mouth, just another perk of health care as far as I'm concerned! Hadlee's hair is soo cute in those pictures and of course hanks is handsome
I love Hanks face - He's like, "Get me out of here"!
Post a Comment