Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hanks is 6 months old

Hanks turned six months old last week, and today I took him to the doctor for his checkup. He weighs 20 lbs 7 oz (90%), is 27 3/4 inches (75%), and head circ. is 44 3/4 cm (75%). He has only gained 2 lbs since his 4 month check, but she said that is to be expected since he was so big.

He now sits up on his own, and loves grabbing toys and putting them in his mouth. He rolls over, still hates being on his belly, and loves his blanket over his face when he sleeps, like his uncle Trevor. He has his two bottom teeth and loves to bite. He has already had 3 haircuts. My Hanks-y is the happiest baby I have ever met, and lights up whenever you talk to him. He loves his dad and gets so excited when he hears his voice, even if he is in the other room. He loves to kick his legs, in bed, the car seat, the especially the tub. (I get drenched each time) He is not the best eater, when it comes to solid foods, but the Doctor said he is fine, and not to push him. He looks like he is not hurting to bad for food. He is wearing all 12-18 month clothing. He is laughing more and more. He is trying so hard to talk, and will probably pass Hadlee up soon. He has the prettiest eyes and uses them when he smiles. He melts my heart every time I look at him.

Torie was watching Hadlee for me, while I went to his appointment. She, spur of the moment, snapped these cute pictures of him, in the 5 minutes we had before I left. When I returned a short time later, Hadlee had her toenails painted and her hair fixed in this cute bun thing. (I have tried to do it this way and can't) She is a great sister and friend.

9 comments:

Natilie said...

Wow! Six months already. He is the most handsome little boy, and those eyes - watch out!

jill allison said...

Hi Colby and cute family. I love to check on you and your family via your wife's darling blog...I told Ryan he needs to get on! Your kiddies are precious and glad to see things are going so well.

Rachel said...

Heather, I came across your blog while looking at Cori's. Hope you don't mind I took a peek! Time passes so quickly, doesn't it? Both Hadlee & Hanks are adorable!

kelliemcc said...

He is so dang cute! You should "do it" again, just for fun!!!

Young Family said...

He is SO cute!!

Walker paradise said...

very cute, and great stats too! I love having my sisters close now too.

The Warner Family said...

Cute pictures!!
I love seeing what you guys are doing and keeping up with you all. The turkey hunt looks like it was fun. Ryan got one too. I keep telling Brea she needs to do a blog, so she can show off all of his trophey's Ha Ha!! Your kids are darling!!
Love ya,
Sherie

Cori Simmons said...

Only 20 lbs? There scale must have been broken. JK ;)

Charisse said...

Such a handsome little guy. The pictures Torey took are really cute.