Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yes...... It is true!!!

So, if you haven't heard yet, we are expecting baby #4 in April.


We are really excited. About once a week I do a quick ultrasound on myself at work. I am pretty sure it is a boy, but should probably give it another week to make sure. I am only 15 weeks, but I love puting the monitor on and hearing the heartbeat. It brings a smile to my face. We have not told the kids yet, but need to soon. It is true that you should have your kids while you are young. I feel so old with this pregnancy. I was so tired and sick at first. (It doesn't help working night shifts all of the time either.) At one point I was laying in my bed, and Hanks got upset and came in and said to me, "Mom, this is "Dic-u-lous!"" I think he was trying to say ridiculous. He said that he needed to take me to the Doctor so I could get a shot and quit being sick all of the time.

I was actually really surprised at the reaction we got from people. To be honest, my feelings were really hurt by many. We got a lot of "What are you guys thinking," and "What!!!!" Along with numerous reasons why we shouldn't. I got feeling really down and decided not to talk about it anymore. Then I heard the conference talk by Elder Andersen. I so appreciated the things he said and felt like I was meant to hear it. We had decided that we were not going to wait until Colby was done with school, we are both getting older and want more kids. You shouldn't wait for the perfect time financially either. It will all work out, even though we are homeless. Ha, ha. My parents took it surprisingly well. My mom does give some hum-dingers once in a while though. First thing she said was, "Well, you sure have been eating a lot."

A few weeks later I began telling people again. Colby and I were down in Manti and stopped by to see my Grandpa Ralph. We had a great visit and he seemed to be doing so well. Earlier in the conversation we told him we were expecting and that people thought we were crazy. That was all that was said. Later when we went to leave, I walked over and gave him a hug and told him Happy Birthday. He then told me he loved me, (which if you know my Grandpa, is HUGE.) I told him I loved him too and was on the brink of tears. He then grabbed by hand and said, like only my Grandpa could, "Don't let people give you SHIT, I think you make DAMN cute kids, so I think you should keep making them." I left his house in tears, without having been told anything, he knew just what I needed to hear.

Picture with my phone at 7 weeks


Picture at 10 weeks


Picture at 13 weeks.

This kid always seems to be sucking "It's" thumbs.

14 comments:

Young Family said...

I am so excited for you! Your grandpa made me tear up too...what a sweetheart! Sorry you have had your ups and downs. I too loved that talk. Finding this out from your blog makes me miss my Heather time. Love ya girl...congratulations!

Natilie said...

People need to mind their business. Grandpa Ralph is awesome, and I agree. We were very excited to hear your news. First one to break the three kid rut we are all in. Congratulations to you! The girls are only mad that we live too far away to help you out...

Brittney said...

Ooohh, look at all the ultrasounds I've missed!! "It" looks so cute! You are such a great mom and it won't matter the situation, you will always be! I agree with your Grandpa! Love ya!

Lindy said...

I for one have to tell you that I am extremely grateful that you are having children while Colby is in school, it has made it so much easier for me to talk my husband into allowing me to also. We won't even be thinking about it for another year, but still, I agree you can't wait for the perfect moment, you just have to do it!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys. And if anybody can handle it, its you guys. You guys are amazing parents and can handle anything!!

Somerset said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and extremely jealous! Grandpa hit the nail right on the head!

kelliemcc said...

Oh Grandpa Ralph, he know how to bring the tears! What would he have told you if you had ugly kids? Guess you'll never know!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am so excited for you guys. April is going to be here before you know it.

I love what Grandpa said. That is so Grandpa. He is so right- You shouldn't care what anyone else thinks.

I am thinking it is a boy too.
Love you so much...

Bret and Ashlee said...

Your Grandpa is to funny, I totally agree with him! Thanks for making me cry!!! I LOVED the talk by Elder Anderson! You and Colby are great parents and we LOVE your sweet kids. You make ADORABLE babies and I can't wait to see this sweet little one! Love ya!

Beck said...

I want to hang out with your grandpa. He sounds awesome and he is soooo right. Who care's what anyone thinks. I think its so exciting your having another baby. Congrats!! And why have you not let me help out with your kids if you have been sick. HELLO?? Im right down the street.

Candice said...

I love that you guys are having another babe! Grandpa is right, you guys make stinkin cute kids! That made me cry when I read it. I'm such a boob!

The Adams said...

YAY!!! I am so excited!!!! I just love your kiddos! Why wouldn't you have a million more? I would! I love them, you guys are the cutest family. Congrats, that is so exciting! :)

meg said...

heather, i am sooooo excited for you guys!!!!! you do make the cutest kids. :) people need to keep their opinions to themselves, thats for sure!!! I think its great and you and colby are such great parents!!! so happy for you guys. hang in there!!!!! Meg :)

Rachel said...

Congratulations Heather! I'm so excited for you! Your grandpa is definitely right!

Melanie Engen said...

So glad you finally spilled the beans...and congratulations! Sooooo excited that I am almost done. 3 more weeks and counting. Hope you are surviving all your alone time while Colby is in school. Erik loves being a year ahead of him and giving him advice. :-). School is so time consuming so I am glad you have family around. Can't wait to hang out once these boys finish their career changes. :-). Or at least we finish and have the time and money for a much needed vacation. Hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear you confirm it's a boy!!!!