Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recent Happenings

Life continues to be crazy, even though I am done with school. I wonder where my extra time has went, but my kids keep getting older and Busy er!!

I took the kids out to the cabin over the Labor day weekend. Colby had school and work, so we were on our own, but in good company.







These kids do not realize how lucky they are to be able to spend time with their Great-Grandparents. Not many kids can say their Great-Grandpa took them for horse rides.


Poor Ivy got booted out of her stroller by the boys.



Ivy either had a cold or allergies, look at her poor eyes.






This is what happens after you play hard with your cousins all day.


Hadlee is loving school and dance. She has grown up so much over the summer.

She loves getting ready for school, and loves bling-bling. She is much more like her aunt Torie than me. If she likes something or thinks she looks pretty, she says, "OH-la-la."



She is also becoming a great little helper. Ivy adores her.



She has become my little babysitter when I really need a nap from working all night. She has even learned how to get Ivy to sleep.



Hanks is my little pal. He also loves school and loves thinking he is big like Hadlee.


He is very passionate about life and is always making me laugh.



He loves anything that his dad likes and as I was putting on his jersey the other night before the game, he asked me if his dad would be proud if he wore his BYU hat too. He is so sweet and is excited to go to his first game tomorrow night.



Love this kid, he says things like "remember a-long-a-days-a-go," or "the other day," for everything that is in the past.



Ivy is everywhere. I have never seen a kid be so hard at church. We barely make it past the Sacrament. But she looks pretty cute before she goes in Hadlee's old dresses.



She is everywhere and into everything. This is her after falling in the tub in her clothes.


Ivy with her two cousins.



Colby is swamped at school and tries to be a perfectionist. He got 97.5% on his last Chemistry test and was devastated because he missed one. We don't see him a lot, but we do face-time on our phones with the kids. They think it is so neat that they can see him while he talks to us. We have found we need to make time to talk and be together, so last night, for instance, we met down at Texas Roadhouse for a late-late dinner, after I put the kids to bed. Living with your parents has many advantages. Hehehe.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I don't know how you do it.

I love the picturs of your kids with there great-grandparents. that is really neat.

Bret and Ashlee said...

I love your cute kids! I'm telling you Bret and I would LOVE to take them ANYTIME so you and Colby can go out! We had to much fun with them!