I was so ornery the last few weeks I was pregnant. I had so much going on in my head, and at any moment, I would loose it. We were trying to get things organized and ready to move, and I really did not want a c-section, especially while moving, and starting school. So I began to try everything. We read a bunch of tricks on the Internet one night, and tried them all at once, one night at work. NOTHING.... I even went and tried acupuncture. They stuck a little needle in each of my baby toes and did some chiropractic moves, but nothing worked.
So on Thursday, the day before everything was set to happen, I spend the day boxing more things up. In the afternoon, Torie, Hads and I went and got a pedicure. I remember being really uncomfortable then, and having hot flashes..... So who knows, maybe it happened then. I made myself sick thinking about things, I couldn't even eat dinner that night. I finally got in the tub and told Colby that I was going to go crazy worrying all night, so I took an Ambien. I slept so good.
We got up, got the kids ready and headed to drop them off at Hayley's. On the way we passed a buff girl, who was running and pushing a stroller full of kids. Colby looked at me and said with a spirk, "do you ever think you will be into jogging." I got mad and told him not to talk anymore to me for the next few hours. We dropped the kids off and got checked in at the hospital.
So on Thursday, the day before everything was set to happen, I spend the day boxing more things up. In the afternoon, Torie, Hads and I went and got a pedicure. I remember being really uncomfortable then, and having hot flashes..... So who knows, maybe it happened then. I made myself sick thinking about things, I couldn't even eat dinner that night. I finally got in the tub and told Colby that I was going to go crazy worrying all night, so I took an Ambien. I slept so good.
We got up, got the kids ready and headed to drop them off at Hayley's. On the way we passed a buff girl, who was running and pushing a stroller full of kids. Colby looked at me and said with a spirk, "do you ever think you will be into jogging." I got mad and told him not to talk anymore to me for the next few hours. We dropped the kids off and got checked in at the hospital.
I had been so busy getting things ready, that I hadn't even bothered to feel the baby all morning. My friend Terah was my nurse, and as she was putting me on the monitor, we found heart tones low, which they are usually high on the abdomen when babies are breech. Then another nurse walked in and told me about an email they had just gotten from our manager and we are now supposed to ask each patient how we can help them have an excellent stay and excellent care. I told her I wanted a Cage Rio, after my vaginal delivery. We began to ultrasound the baby, head, body, butt..... WHAT!!!!! So we did it again, head, body, butt. It was the weirdest feeling. We all just looked at each other. Then Terah ran out of the room to find the Dr to break my water, before it flipped back. The whole rest of the day seems like a dream. 

Within minutes I had my IV in and the doctor was in breaking my water. They started me on piton as people started to come, awaiting my c-section. It was so fun to text everyone and tell them that the baby had flipped. The next few hours are a blur, but a fun blur. I even got to 5 cm, and contemplated going natural, but only for a minute. Within about 3 hours, I began to feel pressure and everyone left the room. We had a crowd, my parents, Colby's parents, Torie, Grandpa Harley and Grandma Mary, Ellery and Indy, Hayley and Swayze, and my kids had just gotten there.
Dr Jacob came in and I began to push. I think I only pushed a few times, I don't really remember, and I haven't watched the video yet. It all seems like a dream. I know everyone thinks we are crazy for not finding out what the sex was, but it was actually really fun and something I would recommend. Dr Jacob held it up.......... IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!
We were so excited that she was here, we really didn't care what sex she was.
She weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19 inches long. She is the smallest of my kids and I think she has a look of her own. She has a different build, little features and a tiny bum, with no chub. Their are definite similarities, but I think she looks a lot like Colby and DeAnne.
Dr Jacob was my wonderful Doctor, Terah was my nurse, Jill took care of the baby, Mark was my anesthesiologist. My mom, DeAnne, Torie, and Ellery were all in room when I delivered.
We then had the kids come in and told them they had a new sister.
Hadlee was the most excited. She kept saying, "A girl!!! Like me.....Oh that's wonderful."
Hanks liked her too, but was much more worried about me. He kept lifting up my gown and wondered what happened to my belly and how it came out.
As we layed there that night, Colby made a comment about how neat that was and we definitely needed to do that again. That's not what a person that just delivered wants to hear, but I agree that it is such a miracle and something that I should never take for granite.
We had tons and tons of names, but she didn't fit any of them. We had just been to the "Green Reunion" and had heard all of these neat stories about his Great Grandmother Ivy. As soon as he brought it up, it fit. Here middle name is Jane. Both my Grandma Uvonna and his Grandma Mary's middle names are Jane. (As well as Torie's and Swayze's) So she is named after some pretty wonderful women.




















10 comments:
Yea! She is so cute! I love all the pictures! You look way to good for just having a baby!
hope you are all settled into life now with three kids!! she is so adorable, i wish i could have seen her longer at our "Christmas" party!! :) aliahs middle name is jane also, and also after grandma mary. glad you got through it all ok and hope things are going good now!!!
Congratulations Heather! She is beautiful and I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly!
Those are some really good
pictures:)
It was such a neat day. Thanks for letting me be there. It is such a miracle.
Love little Miss Ivy. Love you too.
She is so cute.
Heather! I wish I looked as good as you after delivering a baby! Holy cow you look amazing! I just LOVE taking care of little Ivy at Kid Stop. She is so little & cute I just want to steal her every day. Congrats! I'm so glad it all worked out that way for you & your cute little family! :)
What a great story, I'm glad I finally got to hear the full version and see those adorable pictures! You look amazing and I'm so happy she is here safe and sound! She is just adorable! Miss ya and love ya!
Congrats! She is beautiful. Glad it all worked out the way you wanted!!
She is fabulous! It was good to finally hear from ya... I was worried!! I love her name by the way. Congratulations hot mama!
Oh my! How stinkin cute is she!!! :) Can't wait to see you guys when I get back to Daycare! Congrats! Thats so fun! I am glad everything worked out well! :) You look so good for just having a baby!
We think she is so beautiful and we adore her name. We are so glad that everything went well with the birth.
Love,
Us
Post a Comment