January brings forth a new year and new goals..... I have pretty much already screwed up every resolution I made, but who cares.. January is such a dark month for me. I get so depressed. Thank heavens Valentines candy just came out, yes, candy brings me joy.
Colby had to work on New Years Eve, so me and kids party-ed at my mom's. The best part was we pretended it was New Years around 930. The kids are still young enough not to know the difference, so we were home in bed by 11. It was great.




For the last 3 years now, we have had a snow day on New Years Day, followed by my mom making us a big lunch.






School also started last week. (Insert Sigh) It's not too bad, I go on Monday's and I also have a class on Saturday mornings. Colby is also taking some classes and goes on Wednesday's. I joke around that we would be rich, if we could only stop paying tuition.
For Christmas, Colby's parents gave us a night at the Anniversary Inn, a gift card and baby sitting. Colby couldn't wait to use it. It was so much fun. It was so nice to just be together and talk about something besides the kids, work and school and to reconnect. We went to dinner that night, then up to Colby's work. (He wanted to show me what he does) Then the next morning we relaxed, did some shopping, and went to lunch and a movie. We are pretty good about going out on dates, but we decided that a night away is something we need to do a lot more often.
Hadlee is actually pooping on the potty. I know, this is huge, especially for those of you who have been part of the dilemma. We have tried everything and decided it was a fear and mostly in her head. Last week she started going, and we had to make a huge deal out of it, so for about a week we have been calling Grandpa's and Grandma's, Aunts and Uncles, and even Cousins to tell them when she goes each day. If she keeps it up, Colby has promised her he will take her to Disneyland.
She is also loving her new class at church. We have a very small Primary in our ward, she is the only child her age, so they have combined her class with the Sunbeams, and there is only two of them. Last week she was chosen as the reverence child and stood in front of everyone folding her arms. This Sunday she was given a CTR ring, so she is pretty excited.
Uncle Chance taught Hanks how to wrestle, and now that's all we wants to do. He is pretty cute. He first shakes your hand, then says "Wrestle." He then pin's you and counts, "One, two, three, PIN," and slaps his hand to the ground. Then he shakes your hand again, and holds his up in the air and says "WINNER." He is very aggressive and gets this mean look in his eyes. I think we are in for it.
Colby continues to spoil the kids. I swear, every time I go to work, they go and do something fun. Whether it's to a movie, or just to Taco Amigo for cheeseburgers, they always have so much fun, and that's all I hear about the next day, is how dad did this or that. I came home from school early last week, and they were at the McDonald's playland playing and eating a late breakfast. He is making me look bad.
There was a big earthquake in Haiti last week, and I have been glued to the TV. I wish I was rich and had a plane and could just fly down there to help. I'm not an ER nurse, so I don't think I would be much help, but I would love to go and hold the poor children, and bring a few home with me. At night I find myself up all night, watching those news channels in awe. I hate things like this, yet I can not pull myself away. I makes me so grateful for the life and loved ones I have.
That pretty much sums up January so far. I can't wait for spring.




6 comments:
i agree with you about the january blues, they are awful!!! sounds like your life is just as busy and crazy as usual!! hope you are surviving!!! :0)
Meg :0)
We tried to set the clocks ahead, but the 10 year old was watching the clocks too closely. Didn't work for us.
My side of the family often celebrates New York or London time because we like sleeping so much :)
I hate January too. It's awful. Did you know January 18th is considered the most depressing day of the year? Interesting, huh. You're soooo not alone.
I was totally laughing at how you rang in the new year at 9:30. I will have to remember that for next year.
I can't watch anything about Haiti. I seriously end up in a flood of tears. Its the saddest thing ever.
Hope your February is looking up for you!
I hear ya Sista. I do not love January. It is almost over....
Loved the New Years pictures. So fun.
Looks like you've had a great Holiday Season. I'm also with you, I'm ready for some sun/heat. I keep looking online for cheap quick warm getaways. So is Colby still planning on become an Nurse Anthes (not even going to try to spell.)? Well have a great one Heather!
I have to agree with you about the whole Haiti thing. I have been staying up watching way to much feeling guilty I can't go and help and that I have it so good. I told Chad that if I was not about to have a baby I would be heading over there to help. Someday...you and I are going to be able to go and serve those in need and it will be great to do together. I miss you girl and hope to see you sometime soon. Hang in there for January is about to pass and we will be going to the pool before we know it. :)
Post a Comment