I just took the kids to get their H1N1 shots. It was actually pretty funny. We went and got a voucher yesterday, so today we just had to be there at a specific time. The kids didn't have a clue until I went to pull Hanks pants down. He began throwing a fit, "NO SHOT MOM, NO!!" Hadlee kept trying to comfort him, saying, "It's okay pal, be tough." He only cried until I was done holding him. Hadlee was all being nice and loving, until she learned I was rolling up her sleeve for her turn. She let out this loud, girl scream, saying "No." All of the sudden she stopped and asked the nurse if she could have a band-di-aid after and she told her yes, so she sat there and took it. Some lady gave her a sticker and a sucker for being so brave, and away we went skipping down the hall.
I think my kids are a Hoot.
They are so good for entertainment.
I took the kids to the play Stellaluna at the scera last week. Cole's preschool class was going, so we all went, Cole, Torie, Jayce, my mom, me, Hads and Hanks.
It is based on a book about a bat. They were actually puppets, and it was one of those art-sy productions where the people are dressed in black and sing and dance. My kids loved it. We sat on the front row and even Hanks didn't move.
Afterwards his class got to go up on stage and see the puppets up close.
I think they look a little scared.
We were able to go out with friends a few times this past week. We went with some of Colby's friends from high school on Friday night, and we went out with some of my friends from work to Iggy's last night and watched the football game.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family on Sunday. Whats not to like, turkey, good food, family. YUMMY!!! Which makes me think of something else that happened last week. I guess some people would call it sad, I think it is funny. So, I went to pick up the kids last Wednesday at daycare and Hadlee's class was sitting in a circle outside. Hadlee was sitting by herself over by one of the teachers. I kind of got after her and told her she needed to play with the class. (Lets face it, she is kind of a loner.) The teacher came to her defense and said that she had been playing with them. They were playing duck, duck, goose, and she was playing and having fun. She got picked and it was her turn to run. She went around the circle saying "Duck, Duck, Duck," and then she said, "TURKEY," instead of goose. All of the kids laughed and I guess it kind of hurt her feelings. Sad yes, but kind of funny.
Like I said before, My kids are good entertainment. I don't know what we did for fun before they came along.









2 comments:
love the turkey story - LOL. She is sooo funny. I also love the way she is holding onto Hanks by the neck in the first picture.
ya! good funnies there. just a few weeks before we get down at the g-g's party, and your kids are adorable and funny it's not just you!
Post a Comment