Monday, October 12, 2009

October is flying by

Seriously what happened to fall? I feel like we went from warm summer, straight to cold. We were going to go to Lake Powell over the conference weekend, but the weather was going to be crappy. We still wanted to do something fun, so we went to St. George. We took off late Wednesday night. It's kind of our new thing. We drive while the kids are asleep, so its nice and relaxing, plus we get to catch up and talk. We had booth worked a bunch of shifts in a row, so it was nice to talk.

We had no agenda, so the whole trip was great. On Thursday afternoon we headed into Las Vegas to do a little shopping. These are pretty much the only pics I took on the trip.

This is the kids trying to wait and be good while we rented a stroller.


Hanks playing around while we took turns shopping in the outlets.


On Friday we went to the Bear Paw, then just layed around and relaxed. We did go swimming, but mostly in the indoor pool, as you can see, the kids didn't want to get in the outdoor pool, the water was a little cold.


We all took a great nap that afternoon. We also drove into Mesquite and had dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Jake, who were traveling through.

Saturday we layed around and listened to conference. We went to a show, "Cloudy, with a chance of Meatballs." Definitely not my favorite, but Hadlee seemed to like it. She likes anything involving her dad and popcorn and treats.

Sunday was more of conference and just relaxing. That weekend was just what we needed. We shopped a lot, and played a lot. And most of all, we ate way too much. We even went to the bakery and ate pies when the kids were asleep. We drove around and looked at houses, and dreamed of a vacation home down there. We slept in and even took naps. Hanks is really attached to Colby right now. The past few nights he has cried and cried when Colby has to go to work. He says "Dad", "So FUN." I guess real life and having to be with me is not so fun. It's because Colby is always spoiling them. Every gas station we went to, they got to go in and pick out treats. He bought Hadlee a Sleeping beauty doll at the outlets and she forgot to bring it with us one of the days. So next thing I know, we are at Wal-mart, and they are running in to pick out a new toy for the day. Can you say SPOILED!!!!!!

So then Monday, it was back to reality. Work, school, bills, cold weather.........YUK!!!!!!

Tuesday night I took the kids to get their flu shots. Colby and I had already gotten ours a few weeks ago, and I have to admit, it hurt and was really sore. Torie was nice enough to come with me. The kids did pretty good and only fussed for a few minutes. Plus we went and got Snow White, to make us all feel better.



My Grandma had her Girls Weekend this past weekend. We left early on Friday and hit stores like Nostrom Rack, South Town Mall, Target, Tia Pan, and then it was up to Park City to the outlets.
Us, grabing a quick lunch

Me and Grandma waiting outside a store

Hanging out in our room

I had to work early Saturday morning, so I had to come home after dinner. It is always fun to hang out with my Mom, Torie, Lindy and Grandma, along with all my aunts and cousins.

When I came home from work Saturday night, Hadlee was so excited to show me something. She kept saying, "mom be so happy." She had picked me "Leave Flowers," as she called them, and put them in a vase for me. She was so proud.


Last night we celebrated Hanks and Cassidy's birthday's over at my mom. We were going to have them each a party, but since we were already eating at moms, we figured we would just celebrate them then.

Before dinner with Grandpa Merrill

We call these two the "twins," they are about the same size and are always into trouble

Blowing out the candles

Now this is how you eat a cupcake

Opening presents. Hadlee was not a happy girl and wanted presents too

Hanks playing with his toys

Some of the other characters

Our family, before we left, Wow, we look tired

I blogged, when I am supposed to be studying for midterms. Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

gillman said...

you guys have such a busy, fun life!! i can't believe hanks is 2, i swear he was just born. what cute kids they are and so lucky to have you and colby as parents!!
Meg

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

What a fun post.
I can't believe Hanks is turning 2 either. He is such a cutie.
Good luck with your mid-term.
You will do great.

Walker paradise said...

Hey good luck in school, there are so many people in our family in school now! I heard you were sick too! Get better soon, I told Torie I could make some cyber soup, not that it would do alot of good but I wish I could bring you real soup. take care!