I can't believe my baby girl is 3 today. I can't even remember our lives before her. She is the best thing.
The day before she was born I was at my grandma's, it was her birthday. I remember sitting around her house all day, wondering when it was going to happen and what it would be like. I felt totally ready, my house was clean, I had everything I needed, I couldn't wait any longer. Colby had went up to the cabin on 4-wheelers, to see if they could get in yet. That night we drove out to Price, Stone and Bo were at a motorcycle race that day and the families were all camping. On the way home, I was having a few contractions, but it was late, I remember we were listening to a Tim Mcgraw CD. I would sit and count how many contractions I had each song.
The next morning was a Sunday. Colby had to go and see a few pt's before church. As he left I told him that I thought I was leaking a little. I wasn't sure, and I did not want to go in to the hospital and be made fun of, so I told him to go, and I would call him later. I called him a short time later and told him that I wanted to go and be checked, I still wasn't sure. We arrived at the hospital and got on the elevator. All of the sudden I felt large volumes of water flowing down my legs. I felt so relieved, and I started to laugh. It was funny, because we had gotten in the elevator with some elders who were there giving the sacrament to pt's. I told Colby, that it was running down my legs and he was so embarrassed. I'm sure the men could see it, my pants were now soaked. My labor went great. I went from 2 cm, to 10 within minutes. Hadlee's heart rate wasn't the best, so we decided to use forceps. Out she came. She had the weirdest color of hair. Everyone thought it looked highlighted.
She was the best baby. We took her everywhere with us. She was up at the cabin two different weekends before she was a month old, and at five weeks, we took her on her first Lake Powell trip. She sat up on her own at 3 1/2 months, but didn't walk until she was 16 months old.
She isn't the best talker. A lot of time, she still uses her own little language. It is a hoot to listen to, she uses such expression when she talks. She can repeat everything we say and knows all of her animals and sounds. But it is all about her, and when and if she wants to do it at the time. Some of our favorite things she says are........ "I come-ing," "Love you more, more, more," "Come Cud-l," "I ti-rd," "I hu-t," "Tanks," and the best is when she burps or farts, she puts her hand over her mouth and says, "Scews-me." She loves her brother and wants to know where he is. She is always saying, "Hey Pal," to him, and "It's O-tay."
She has always hated to have her pictures taken, as soon as she sees a camera, she shouts "NO."
She loves her dad the most. She loves to talk to him on the phone during the day. And as soon as he walks in the door at night, he says, "Wheres my Girl!" No matter what she is doing, she goes running to him, hugs and kisses him, then takes him by the hand, into her room to cuddle.
This kid also has attitude. We hate that she says words like, "NO," and "No way." She loves to eat strawberries and bananas for breakfast. She has funny names for a few people, like "T T," for Torie, and "Kol-Kol," for Cole. She loves to sing songs and dance. She has a great memory, and memorizes songs and dances from movies. Her favorite song, she sings with her dad, every night after prayers. It's the Barney song, but we love it, because she sings every word of it. "I love you, you love me, were a happy family. With a great big hug and kiss from me to you, won't you say, you love me too."
We love her so much. Before her it was just Colby and I, she made us a family. She amazes us everyday, with things she does and says.
Happy Birthday Hadlee!












13 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HADLEE !! What an awesome tribute to her, you are such and awesome mom.... and dad! She is a sweet girl and lucky to have you two for parents.
Go Celebrate!! Have a great day GIRL !!!
i love all your pix. of her, she is such a beautiful little girl!! hope she has a very happy birthday!!! :0)
meg
Happy Birthday my sweet Hadlee girl.
We hope you have a great day.
We love you so so much.
Love, Torie, Coley and Jayce
So cute! Hope she has a Happy Birthday and eats lots of cake!
P.S. I hope those ONE letters were yours cause I'm gonna need to borrow them in a few weeks!
so stinking cute! i can't believe she is 3 already!!!! do you even remember what life was like before kids???
Happy Birthday Hadlee! I have always remembered her b-day, b/c it falls on our wedding anniversary. She is such beautiful little girl. Spoil her lots and lots today!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HADEE JO! Those baby pictures are to die for, isn't it weird how they look just like she does now what a cutie!
See ya tommorow!
Happy Birthday Hadlee! We can't believe how big you are getting. Have a fun day.
wax!!!! wax her hair. bring her over one day and i'll show you. give me a call anytime.
That naked picture of her as a baby is my fav. Gosh - she is pretty. I'm proud to be her Aunt. Luv you Hadlee
happy birthday hadlee, you are soo adorable!
That is such a cute post! Tyler had the exact same stats when he was born! 6 lbs 12 oz, 18.5 inches long. Crazy! She is such a cutie!
Great Post Heather. Happy Birthday Hadlee. We like attitude aruond our house too! Just think Heather, you wouldn't want her to be boring - so it's good to have a little spice. Darling pics too!
Post a Comment