Sunday, May 25, 2008

What am I doing wrong?????

Lately, I feel like all I do is change diapers. Yesterday I seemed to live in poop. First of all Hanks. He usually has a blowout every couple days. He is in a size 4 diapers, and I'm pretty sure I put them on right. I never had this problem with Hadlee, are boys that much different then girls? It seems to go right up his back and all over his clothes. He is on antibiotics right now, and that only seems to make it worse. So far, today, he has had two blowouts, and with the last one, while trying to get is soiled clothes, carefully off, it got all over in his hair. So back in the tub we go. What am I doing wrong??? Maybe he has a weird shaped butt, or just really explosive farts, who knows. Then there is Hadlee. She usually gets constipated once every few months. So a few days ago, I gave her a laxative. Holy Crap! Yesterday, I changed her poop-y bum 5 times. Poor kid, she must have really been backed up. And yes, she turns 3 in a few weeks, and is still not potty trained. (nor is she close to being so.) Once again, What am I doing wrong???

Sorry for the gross post, but I needed to vent. I have been living in dirty diapers all weekend and have had about enough.

10 comments:

haley said...

first off, what diapers are you using for hanks. you might want to try switching. the ones that worked for kamryn didn't work for hunter and vise versa. and don't feel bad on the potty training, hunter has no interest, although, he does know how, he chooses not to... i'm going crazy along with you!!!

kelliemcc said...

I think that HOLY CRAP would have been the perfect title for a blog post about poop on the sabbath. Your a great mom, stop worry so much and call me so we can hang out.

kelliemcc said...

stop worrying, whatever

Cori Simmons said...

I'm sure that Hanks has "explosive farts" just like his daddy. You're hilarious. HUGGIES are the only way to go. I'm so glad I'm out of the diaper phase. Now it's just reminding them to flush the toilet.

smarts said...

Oh Heather, I am right there with you. Every time my kids are on antibiotics we might as well live in the tub, and it doesn't matter what diaper you use it still leaks or EXPLODES everywhere. I am a fan of Huggies however. Good Luck !!!

Natilie said...

Good luck with that. Our thoughts are with you as you deal with this crappy phase.

Jossie said...

I am so sorry to hear your drama :-( Living in poop is no fun! I agree with the other post, Huggies are the way to go. Oh, and when you get Hadlee potty trained, will you send some suggestions my way? Tyler is in and out of interest :-) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I get to go back to the diaper phase soon enough. Unfortunatly whenever Hunter started having blow-outs or leaking, going up a size always helped-even when I thought he didn't need to. But, you have one more vote Huggies. They're the best! Hang in there!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Sorry you had a rough day. I think it must be the meds he is one.
And poor Haddy girl. Remember when I gave Cole the Laxitive that one time before we went camping. Oh and remember I gave him to much. The poor kid. I get the Mother of the Year for that one.

Hopefully things will get better.
Love ya....

Katherine said...

Like Haley said maybe switch diapers. I had to use Pampers for Ally, but Huggies for Isaac works way better. But there is nothing worse then feeling like you live in poop. I am so sorry. Hope you have a better week.